10

It was finally Friday. There was multiple things going on today: there was the first game of the season for both teams, the party, and I had a test in about all of my classes. I was pretty sure I had failed half of them but at least they were over with now and I could stop worrying.

Adam was currently laying on my bed, laughing at me because I was going through my entire wardrobe, trying to find one specific pair of pants, "Adam, shut up, seriously. They're my favorite pair of jeans."

"Just wear what you're wearing, you look fine."

I look down at my grey sweatpants and black sweatshirt, "Yeah, let me just go to a party wearing what I wear to sleep."

"You wore that to school today." Adam pointed out.

"I woke up late, besides, I had tests in all my classes and I wanted to feel comfortable. It's not like I can wear this to a party." Adam got off the bed, moving so he could look into my closet too, I turned around and looked at the bed, "Are you kidding?" I grabbed the pants off of where Adam was previously laying, "I hate you. You were literally laying on them the whole time."

"Sorry."

I rolled my eyes, "Ok, stare at my closet. No way in hell are you watching me change."

Adam held his hands up and turned. I changed pants and then told him he could turn around again, "Are you gonna wear the sweatshirt to the party too?"

"No, I'll just come back here after the game and change. The rinks cold, I want a sweatshirt."

"Ok, then. Are you ready to go? Because the game starts in like five minutes."

"Yup!" I put a bracelet on quickly and then Adam and I leave.

We meet up with the Varsity team who were loitering around on the stairs close to the rink, "Hey, guys." Adam said, announcing our arrival.

"There he is. Ok, let's go."

The group walked towards the rink, a group of cheerleaders clinging to their boyfriends. I wanted to put distance between me and Adam but grabbed his arm when one of the cheerleaders came up to him and started twirling her hair around.

She noticed but ignored it. I wanted to punch her.

The group all sat down, noticing how large the crowd was for a J.V. game. It felt like the whole school had shown up.

Adam and I were the only ones out of the group who were clapping when the Ducks had showed up, Scooter grabbed my hands pushing them down, "Don't...do that."

"I can't cheer on my friends?"

"You can," He leaned closer to me, whispering, "If you want Rick to hate you more than he already does."

"I don't care what Rick thinks." I whispered back. But by then everyone had stopped clapping for the Ducks.

The starters skated out onto the ice when I felt someone's hand tap me from behind, I turned around to see the blonde girl who was sitting next to Rick, "Hey. You're new. I'm Mindy."

"Wren."

"It's nice to meet you, Wren. Are you and Adam dating or something?"

Adam and I looked at each other and then I looked back at Mindy, "No, just friends."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

I laughed a little, "No, it's ok. We get that a lot."

Mindy smiled and I turned back to watch the start of the game.