Chapter 24: A new look.

'I'm gonna kill Chan.' Ji-Ho stands up from the hospital chair to stomp around the room.
'No don't, it won't help anything.' The drugs have worn out. Now, you're just in a lot of pain. Unfortunately, the hospital staff asked you what color cast you wanted while you were still a little under the influence of the anesthesia, and you chose bright pink.

 Unfortunately, the hospital staff asked you what color cast you wanted while you were still a little under the influence of the anesthesia, and you chose bright pink

'No, I am going to kill him. I can't believe he reacted so salty to you and-and that he kept it a secret you got hired at JYP because of him. What a d*ck.' Ji-Ho is still walking around.
'I think he's just hurt. People say stupid stuff when they're hurt. And he got me a job at JYP to be nice, but I really didn't need his kindness.' You add tot the conversation.
'Exactly.' Ji-Ho stops and turns to you. 'Do you already know what you're gonna do now? I mean, you obviously can't go to work anymore.' She asks while pointing to your cast.
'No I am definitely going to work Ji-Ho.' You answer.
'You're crazy.' Ji-Ho exclaims.
'No, I am. I need the money and I don't get paid on sick leave. I want to head back home for the holidays more than ever right now. Besides, I think it's better to be the bigger person and show up at work. I need to show I'm a professional and that a broken leg and a fight with an idol can't hold me back from pursuing my career.' You rant on.
Ji-Ho looks at you in admiration.
'Now stop staring and help me get up out of this stinky hospital bed.' You laugh at her.

'Thanks for everything Ha-Joon-Shi!' You wave the nurse goodbye while using your crutches to make your way to Ji-Ho's car.
'We should accessorize your crutches to match your cast. You are in the styling industry remember.' Ji-Ho tries to lighten the mood.
'You know what Ji-Ho, you are absolutely right!' You hug her and catch her off guard.
You realize this hug was exactly what you needed right now. You feel yourself breaking down in her arms right in front of her car. She senses your emotions right now and tightens the grip around you.
'It's all going to be fine Y/N. You're so strong.' She whispers in your ear.

'Oh my god Ji-Ho, what did we create?' You ask her as she steps away from your latest creation.
'It's... beautiful.' She says.

You spent the whole afternoon spray-painting your crutches

'So many people will be looking at me tomorrow.' You say.
'Let them. Also, what will you be wearing now? No more jeans for you huh?'
'Yeah I think it will be mostly skirts and dresses for the following few weeks.' You stand up and make your way to your closet. 'Every skirt and dress I own is rather short though.'
'Sexy.' Ji-Ho giggles.

"Sexy" was not really how you were feeling the next morning. There you were, with your pink cast, pink crutches and you put on a white wool dress with some necklaces, a green puffer jacket, a matching pink beanie and a white backpack containing your office stuff.
'I don't know how I feel about this look yet.' You mumble to yourself.
I will be officially winter in two days, so it's extremely cold already. You can see your own breath. White cloud after white cloud leaving your lips.
'Why did I deny Ji-Ho's offer to ride me to work? Why am I so stubborn?' You think to yourself making your way downtown. Your arms already feel sore from stumbling down a hill earlier. You decide to take a 5 minute break and take a seat on a nearby bench.
'I should let Do-Yun know I'll be in a bit late. F*ck I hate being late.' You mumble to yourself again.
A big black BMW stops right before you and the window rolls down. Behind the window you see a familiar face.
'Y/N? Ah, I knew it was you.' Han says.
'Oh my god hi Han!' You see he notices your cast.
'So, do you need a ride to work or are you gonna sit on this bench for the rest of the day?' He asks.
'No I was just planning on working from this lovely bench for the following few weeks. Yes of course I want a ride. Thank you.' You get up from the bench and make your way over to the car. The driver steps out, opens the door for you and assists you into the car.
'Thanks so much that you'll drive me today. I was too stubborn to accept a ride from a frie-' You stop talking as you notice Han's not the only one in the car. In the row of seats in front of you, are Changbin and... Chan. Changbin had already turned around and greeted you. Chan just kept looking in front of him.
'Of course he's in here as well.' You think to yourself feeling your face getting red.
'Uhh Y/N? You okay?' Han ask you. He and Changbin are looking at you concerned.
'Uuh yeah yeah I'm fine.'
'So are you gonna explain to us what happened to your leg?' Changbin asks.
'I'm just... clumsy I guess. I fell down a set of stairs.' You answer while staring at the back of Chan's head hoping he feels your eyes burning a hole in his skull.
'Typical Y/N.' Han says while chuckling. 'Can I write something on it?'
'Yeah of course. I brought some markers, go wild.' You say to the boys. 'Make it pretty though.'
Han proceeds to write his name on your cast and also draws a tiny face next to it. Changbin writes his name as well.
'Chan, don't you wanna write something?' Changbin asks Chan who has stayed quiet for the whole ride.
'I'm afraid we're almost at JYP. There's not enough time.' He says.
'You're right.' You quickly add.
He finally turns around to look you in the face and you both look at each other with the coldest expression.
'So is that how we're playing this game? I am not going to apologize first. I did nothing wrong Chan.' You think to yourself.

You arrive at the JYP building. Paparazzi is surrounding the entrance, like always. All the boys easily get out of the vehicle. It's a bit more difficult for your though. You had managed to open the door, stick your legs out but you're being clumsy about getting your crutches out as well.
'Goddamn crutches.' You mumble.
You suddenly feel someone from the outside swiftly pull the crutches out and helping you up to lean on them. You see it's Chan. He's not even looking you in the eyes, so stubborn. Without saying anything to each other, you place your hands on them and start walking into the building with Chan besides you, camera's flashing everywhere.
Once inside the building you say 'I don't need your help remember.' Leaving Chan speechless.
He manages to yell after you 'You could also say, I don't know, 'Thank you?''