Chapter 16: I can't believe it.

'Thank you for the little message you left on the lyrics Y/N' Chan texts you at about 10 PM.
'You're welcome Chan. I really DO like them.'
'I know.' He answers. Then, you see him typing for quite a while. He keeps typing, then stopping, then typing and it's making you nervous as hell.
'Thank you for constantly taking care of me. I don't know why I deserve your kindness.'
Here he goes again. Making your tummy feel this way. You hate and love it.
'Everyone deserves kindness. Even if they are as stubborn as you Chan :P'
'Excuse me. Of all people YOU are calling ME stubborn?'
You chuckle at his text.
'Yes, I am. I'm going to sleep now. You should go to sleep too.'
'I know. Goodnight Y/N'

The following week, you and Nari gather as much well-founded arguments you can think of to go to Do-Yun and ask for her help.
You both nervously knock on Do-Yun's door.
'Come in.' She says.
You both walk in and Nari nudges your shoulder, signaling you should talk first. Nari can be quite shy at times.
'Good morning Do-Yun. Thank you for your time. Us two and some others in the makeup department have run into some issues.'
Do-Yun signals for both of you to sit and continues 'Oh no, well what kind of issues?' She seems genuinely interested which is a big relieve to you.
'Well, you see.' You begin 'Mi-Cha-Shi, has very firmly decided on a concept. Me and others have tried to present input and ideas to her, but she has denied all of it. And I'll be honest, as a professional in the styling industry, I don't like what I see happening in our department.'
Do-Yun looks at you with a neutral expression and goes 'So you're telling me you've come here to "stand up" to your superior?'
You both nod your head.
'You got some nerve.' She starts smiling again. 'Explain your ideas to me.'
You and Nari both explain your ideas for the color palette, wanting to invest in better colored lenses, a cutback on the usage of colored lenses, keeping scar makeup in the mix but making them cuter with glitter and new signature makeup details for each member. You show Do-Yun sketches, moodboards, tried out makeup looks on members etc.
'We both feel like the time's here for new Stray Kids makeup looks.' You say.
Do-Yun looks impressed at everything you're showing her. 'You two made all this?' You both nod. 'You two work together well huh?' You both nod again. 'Alright. I'll have a talk with Mi-Cha-Shi.'
You and Nari try to contain your cheering. 'Thank you so much Do-Yun.'
She smiles at the both of you. 'It's my pleasure. Also if you don't mind, I'd like to keep these files for a little so I can look at them a bit longer. Now get back to work.'

A day passes and you and Nari get called to Do-Yun's office. Upon arriving, you see Mi-Cha stepping out, looking the both of you up and down with the nastiest look and leaving for the elevator.
'What was that all about?' Nari whispers in your ear and you shrug.
You hear a faint 'Come in.' from the office.
When you both walk in, you see Do-Yun standing up staring out her floor to ceiling window. She looks a bit frustrated. She sits down at the same time as you and Nari sit down. Looking around the room, you see a crack in the big window right besides where Do-Yun was standing before and a broken coffee mug on the ground directly under it.
'No.. Mi-Cha wouldn't have.. Right?' You think.
After some silence and Do-Yun clicking her pen, she sharply inhales catching your attention.
'I've had to fire Mi-Cha.'
You ask 'Oh.. What happened?'
'I explained the issues some people in her department were having. Firstly, she immediately knew it was you two and secondly, she was not planning on changing anything. I've worked with Mi-Cha for quite a while now and she's always been very stubborn. It appears that she has also become a bit old fashioned.'
That's something both you and Nari had noticed, yes.
Do-Yun continues 'After a bit going back and forth, Mi-Cha became angry to say the least. So, I've had to fire her.'
'That's a shame. We both wish it would have ended differently.' You said with actual sincerity. Just because Mi-Cha could be snappy sometimes, didn't mean she was bad at her job.
'Yeah well, now we need someone new to fill her shoes.' Do-Yun says.
'No way.' You think to yourself, grabbing Nari's hand from under the table. Looking at her 'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' and it's almost as if Nari understands telepathically, squeezing your hand.
'So what do you guys say? To see you both working so well together and being so innovative, has convinced me to offer you the role.'
You and Nari both look to Do-Yun and say at the same time 'Yes, we would love that!'
Do-Yun chuckles 'You see, this is that I'm talking about. It's like you're twins or something.'
Do-Yun, Nari and you discuss the new contract and new responsibilities. Working as the head presentative of the makeup department will be more difficult, but quite the same. This will also be the first time that the head of the makeup department, a.k.a the key makeup artist, will consist out of two people. It's all very exciting.

The next morning you meet up with Nari at the conference room. You two are the first ones there.
'Are you ready for our first meeting?' You ask Nari.
'I am so nervous Y/N, you don't even know.'
You pat her on the back 'I'm sure it will be fine. You'll just have to adjust. Now whenever you're talking and you notice your nerves taking over, just... I don't know tap your foot three times and I'll take over okay?'
Nari smiles at you 'Thank you Y/N.'
The first few makeup artists start walking in. They've all been informed that you two will be the new key makeup artists from now on and you bet some have already made certain assumptions. You just shrug it off. You both are gonna do great.
'Alright everyone here?' You ask and the room hums affirmatively.
'Alright here we go...'