Chapter Thirty Nine - New plan?

Start from the beginning

Once everything was finished, I pulled Kai into the bathroom and sat him down on the toilet seat. I needed to talk to him about whether we wanted to stay for a couple more days and perfect the plan or go home and tell everyone he was safe and well.

"We need this plan to work Ace. We need it to be perfect for it to work. It may be finished, but we need to study it over and over again until we are a hundred percent sure nothing is wrong with it. If this doesn't work, we'll go to hell for it." He rubbed his temples with his thumbs.

"Hell doesn't seem so bad to be completely honest."

He slapped his forehead and stood up, grabbing my shoulders, and staring up at me.

"We can stay for another two days, then we'll go." He clapped me on the back and walked out.

++++

"You, okay?" I asked as Ace made his way into my room

"You, okay?" I asked as Ace made his way into my room. He shut the door, locked it, and then made his way toward the bed. He climbed onto it and pushed me back against the headboard. He gave me a quick peck on the lips before laying down in my lap. I brushed my fingers through his hair, while he stared up at me and sighed.

"Can we talk about what happened between us? I think that's why I'm still on edge." He said softly.

"Of course. You explain first." I muttered. 

He took another quick deep breath and explained everything. He apologised so much throughout his entire explanation, and each time I told him to shut up and keep going.

He told me all the emotions he had felt, what he had done to cope, what thoughts were running through his head. My heart broke over and over again during this.

When he was finished, he sat up and turned to face me. His hands found my face, he was holding my hands and absentmindedly rubbing small circles on the back of them.

"Seriously Toria, I was so stupid. What I did... it will never leave your head. It was my fault you started having those moments and episodes, it was my fault you felt all those emotions. I feel so guilty for it, I can't imagine the feeling of betrayal—"

I cut him off with a kiss. He kissed back, hard.

His hands left mine and got tangled up in my hair. I cupped his face and intensified the kiss.

I pulled back after a few seconds and looked him straight in the eyes. All that rage and coldness I saw on the day of the betrayal had vanished. It was replaced with something soft, and apologetic. He really was sorry, and the guilt was most likely getting overwhelming now.

"Ace, you did what you had to do to survive. You did what you had to do for your people, for us. That's why I fell madly in love with you, because of your kind and caring demeanour. You always put others before yourself, your such a kind and loving person, and I don't want this guilt to change you into someone you're not. There's no need to apologise, you did what you thought was right, and that's not something you should be apologising for. I love you."

He sighed and shook his head slightly, "I love you too, Angel." He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I leaned forward and kissed his nose.

"Well, I'm not tired one bit and if we do anymore planning, I think my head will blow up. Want to watch a movie?"

His entire face lit up. "Yes! Just like old times! There's a new movie out and I've been dying to watch it. Come on, let's go!"

He was so cute when he got excited.

Now everything about him was driving me insane.

He snatched my hand and dragged me into the living room. Everyone had gone to their own rooms, so it was just Ace and I.

"I'll grab the food and drinks; you pick you the movie and grab a couple pillows and blankets." I let go of his hand and jogged to the kitchen. I piled all the snacks into my arms, trying my best not to make too much noise and then stumbled back to the living room.

Ace was already sitting there. He was practically shaking with excitement, we haven't had a movie night in months, and those nights were some of the best nights in my entire life.

He patted the spot next to him. I threw the snacks on the coffee table in front of us and plopped down next to him. He tugged me closer. Somehow, I was now sitting in between his legs, his arms wrapped around mine, and our hands conjoined in my lap. I laid down on his chest and turned my head to face the TV.

He placed a kiss on my head and turned the movie on. 

We forgot about everything that happened these past few weeks, and just held each other. After long nights of being alone, feeling alone, I was with Ace again; I was tangled up with him again. It was just the two of us tonight, and I will continue to relish this tingly, warm feeling for the rest of my life.