Chapter Twenty Eight - One bed?

We found a motel that wasn't too far of a walk away from the castle or the slums

We found a motel that wasn't too far of a walk away from the castle or the slums. We had been searching for hours before we finally found one and settled with it. It was decent. It had two stories and about thirty or so rooms.

Victoria was parking the car while I stood at the front desk with our bags. The woman who was sitting behind it was laughing loudly on the phone. She looked to be in her late forties, she had several wrinkles and grey hairs as well.

I cleared my throat a couple times before she finally looked up at me and told whoever she was speaking to that she'd call them back later. I gave her a smile, but she only frowned at me.

"Hi, I'd like a room for-"

"Just here take this. How long you staying kid?"

She really didn't recognise who I am?

"Oh, um two weeks."

"Sheesh, alright then. That'll be a hundred and forty dollars. Cash or card?"

I gave her two hundred dollars and told her to keep the change. She stared at me for a couple seconds before shrugging and handing me a key.

"Room 34. Just above this room."

I thanked her and left the room. Wind immediately hit my face and I shuddered. I looked around the parking lot that was in front of the motel and saw Victoria leaning against our car. I waved to her, she noticed and ran over.

"Booked?"

I nodded and started making my way toward the staircase. She followed close behind.

We found our room. I handed Victoria our bags and opened the door. It wasn't too big, or too lavish. Just one small desk, a bathroom, closet, and a bed.

One bed.

"Crap, she must've thought it was only for me. I'll just go ask her for another room." I turned and started making my way back toward the stairs when I felt Victoria grab my arm and pull me back.

"Ace, it's fine. I'm way too tired to walk to another room."

She walked inside and placed our bags next to the door. I flipped on the lights and shut the door behind me. I put the keys on the desk and made my way to the windows.

Victoria was rummaging through her bag while I shut the curtain and took my shoes off.

It was around one in the morning now, and we were both exhausted. We had both almost given up and decided to stay in the car for two weeks before we found this place. It wasn't too bad, the closet was spacious, and the bed wasn't too bad either.

Victoria finally found whatever she was looking for and walked over to the bathroom. She flipped on the light and closed the door.

I decided this was a good time for me to change into some more comfier clothing too. I picked out some sweatpants and a shirt. I quickly changed and threw my old clothes back into my bag. I'll sort them out later, but for now all I needed was a couple hours of sleep.