| The D-Night| - Shot 2

Start bij het begin

So lost in her thoughts was Anu, that she had not looked away from Anuj and Anuj who had an in-built sensor for detecting all things related to her, naturally felt her gaze and looked in her direction to catch her for the third time.

Feeling like a thief caught red handed, Anu quickly stole her gaze away and Anuj started to chuckle, biting his lips.

"Waah! Aaj toh tum dono ka alag hi scene hai!" Devika remarked, as she elbowed Anuj.

"All thanks to you. I can surely say that, for the first time in the days since our meeting, has Anu seen me as a man"

"A man she finds attractive!" Devika added making Anuj's smile widen.

"I think it's the dress"

"Pft! What's this coat without the man?! You should know better!"

"Don't give me hope!" Anuj replied as he looked at Anu once again, "I don't even know if I'll ever forget this visage of her, that I'm painting in my heart".

"Tch, you dream too little, my shayar friend. You are yet to dance with her!"

"That possibility coming to pass is zero. Because I will be deceased by then and the cause will be 'death by glares'!"Anuj signaled amused, and Devika spotted baa glaring at him.

"Arre, this is baa and his beloved son's favorite occupation. Unki nazar ko Anu ki 'nazar' kaat rahi hai, toh even if you were to die, I think culprit koi aur hi hoga. But you are better off holding onto your breaths or you'll lose the chance at holding hands with Anu!" Devika announced and Anuj rolled his eyes ather, "Its dandiya, not salsa that we'll hold hands!"

"Shall I arrange for that then?" Devika offered and Anuj folded his hands in front of her, defeated.

"Who am I to stop you but please don't put Anu in trouble", he requested and Devika 'awed'.

"Worry not,lover boy, aapki mashuka is in safe hands. Now, off I go to make your reality even better!" And with that Devika rushed past him while he could only shake his head.

But it would be nice if he could dance with Anupama.

"I really am getting ahead of myself. I'm acting like one of those people- ladki ne dekha nahi aur hawa main mahal taiyaar!"

"Well, mahal ka toh pata nahi, par apsara toh hai meri aankhon ke samne", Anuj mused and looked on as the couples started to dance, while Anu was simply standing on the side, smiling.

It was then he saw Devika drag Anu into another circle of GK, herself and Nandini. While the four of them clashed their sticks in rotation, Samar appeared by his side suddenly and forced him to join too.

Devika raised her brows at him, as he found himself playing with the others turn by turn.

Partner exchange, huh! Just like Janmashtmi. Nice idea!

And then as he turned, he came face to face with Anu, his face brightening. Funnily enough,by now Samar and Nandini were already part of another circle, GK was now dancing with mamaji and Devika had merged herself into the shah circle,twirling around with Pakhi.

Anuj wasn't complaining though. All he wanted was her.

Twirling around to the beats, tapping their sticks in sync while their feet rhymed, both shared smiles, and glances. Anupama had to admit that Anuj was looking mesmerizing today. He always looked handsome as Kavya had remarked one time,but right now, in this moment, he looked different, in a manner that was appealing to her on unknown levels.

Vanraj despite dancing with Kavya had his eyes focused on the laughing duo and was burning. Same was the case for baa who was missing her steps every time Anuj and Anupama were matching theirs. Kavya was looking their way too, albeit begrudgingly because they were stealing the spotlight. She could see that quite a few people had stopped dancing and were looking at them, since their coordination was nearly perfect as if they had practiced it.