Thirteen

A/N: Good day, everyone. Or night, whatever. I have returned, with another chapter of The Dissonant Notes of Fate. ARC II starts today and will be mostly about the Battle of the Labyrinth. If you haven't, check out my other stories, Perseus: Excidium Troiae and The Guardians, along with the Hunters of The Sun. Unfortunately, I would like to inform you that Fall of Olympus, our first story, has been Discontinued, because of reasons I cannot disclose. Thank you all for waiting this long for an update to this story. The curtains of ARC II have been drawn open and I hope you'll all enjoy this journey alongside me. Happy New Year. Enjoy the chapter. As usual, VOTE, COMMENT, REVIEW, LEAVE A KUDOS. Also, DRAMIONE is life. Fight me if you disagree.

Cheers, TripleHomicide.

LUKE CASTELLAN was not feeling well. He stood in the doorway of the school, lips pursed, checking his watch every five minutes. He was supposed to have met up with his best friend, Thalia, an hour ago. But as usual, she was late. Rolling his eyes, he leaned against the wall and waited.

Luke did not understand why Chiron had decided to send them to school. It was dangerous—risky, even. Demigods in the world were being hunted and their Activities Director had decided that they needed to experience High School Life, so they could get their minds of Kronos. The demigod knew it was just a play to keep him and his best friend occupied so they wouldn't go after Kronos themselves. Luke snorted to himself. He was supposed to escort Thalia to her orientation, which had started thirty minutes earlier.

Luke was in the junior year and Thalia was a freshman in Goode High and if he was going to be honest, he thought all this was a major waste of his time. He hated how useless he felt. About six months had come by and there had been so sign from Kronos, or their ex-best friend Annabeth who had betrayed them and gone to the dark side. It still hurt the blond-haired boy every time he thought of it. Annabeth's mother Athena had manipulated her into joining the titans and Luke felt like if they had tried harder, they would have been able to convince her of how wrong her decision to follow Kronos was. How bad it was that she was willing to turn evil just for her mother's acknowledgement.

They could be out there, destroying the monster armies that were congregating at Mount Othrys, the home base of Lord Kronos and his family of psychos who had tried to kill Luke on many occasions. Luke went back to grumbling about Chiron in his head, so distracted that he didn't hear the approaching footsteps.

"Oh, look what I found," A soft voice purred in his left ear. Luke's eyes snapped open and he arched an eyebrow at the two figures who were standing close to him. They wore cheerleaders outfits and lots of makeup. One was pale-skinned with blond hair and the other dark-skinned with black hair. "You look too old to be a freshman," The blonde girl said.

"I'm not starting till fall. And I'm in junior year," Luke replied curtly. "I'm just here to see a friend."

They edged closer, and one licked her lips, reminding Luke about that time the seductress Lamia had kissed him and then tried to tear him apart. He shuddered, trying not to think about the nightmares which had plagued him since.

"Maybe your friend's in orientation," Dark skin said, batting her eyelashes. "We can take you there if you like?" Luke inhaled, catching a whiff of roses and...horse? He had ridden enough pegasi to know the smell. He glanced down at her chest, catching right of the stitches on her uniform. Kelli.

"My face is up here, silly," The dark-skinned one giggled. Luke was getting really sick of Kelli and her friend.

He stood away from the wall, shoving his hands into his jeans pockets. "Look, I'm not interested. I'm going to find my friend now." Kelli pouted but her friend simply giggled. Luke rolled his eyes. Maybe that saying about cheerleaders having empty heads was true.