Seven

A/N: There were two updates today. This one and Chapter six. Please read the previous chapter before this short 4k filler.

Hello guys. Again, I apologize for the terrible version of Chapter six I posted before. It has been fixed now, though. As usual, don't forget to point out any mistake I made. Leave a comment, review, vote or kudos. Thank you.

"There's a copter tailing us!"

LUKE exhaled, urging his feet to go faster. The skeleton warriors from before were nowhere to be seen but he was still feeling uneasy. He didn't believe they had lost them. His skin was tingling. Adrenaline pumped through his veins and he risked a glance behind him.

There were two helicopters, coming straight for them. He could hear the sounds of machine guns being fired from the vessel. He was honestly surprised none of them had been hit yet. But still, the mortal mercenaries were getting closer. They wouldn't be able to escape in time. And running was extra hard for him—He had been tossed out of the fight in the museum like a rag doll by the lion. He'd broken a rib and his ankle had been smashed against one of the capsules. Although Grover had given him some ambrosia and nectar, walking hurt like hell. Luke's gaze travelled to Thalia. She looked oddly calm about the situation. His lips curled downwards into a frown, mind drifting off to the battle against the Nemean Lion. That spire of earth which had saved Thalia...he knew exactly what that meant.

Perseus was there, with them. And Thalia had allowed him to come along. Resisting the urge to groan, Luke looked away from his best friend. He still didn't understand why she trusted him. He could be working with the Titans. He could be purposely trying to get them to The Plains of Perseus so he could be free. He wasn't trustworthy. Luke didn't understand why Thalia couldn't see that.

But what's done is done, Luke, he thought. No need to let it bother you. He's here now. There's nothing you can do.

Luke skidded to a stop when they got to the spot Zoë had parked the Delphi Strawberry Services van. His hand reached out to open the back door, but Thalia's voice made him halt.

"They know the van," She stated. "We have to ditch it."

He sighed. Chiron was so going to kill them. But she was right. The Titan's copter would keep coming after them even if they got into the van. And the D.C. traffic would definitely slow them down.

"The station," Grover spoke up suddenly. "We can lose them with the trains."

"He's right," Phoebe panted, wiping sweat off her brow. 'Let's go."

Zoë Nightshade didn't argue. They shot down the road and Luke found himself thanking every god in existence that they had decided to park so close to the station. He could hear the chopper coming up behind them and he clenched his jaw when he heard another series of firing.

He was surprised the military hadn't shot down their pursuers yet. But they probably thought it was one of their own. Or maybe the man who had sent the skeleton warriors after them—The General—had manipulated the mist to stop them. The questers raced through the station entrance, found their way to the ticket booth and purchased five tickets. Luke didn't even bother to find out where they were headed. The five of them piled into the train which was ready to go.

He only relaxed when he found his seat. He was next to Grover and the satyr collapsed in his seat immediately he located it. The sounds from the chopper faded and got more distant. He leaned back in his seat, shutting his eyes. His feet were killing him, his ankle was burning.

Luke resisted the urge to have more of the godly food. Too much of it could kill him and he wasn't prepared to die until Annabeth was safe and the Titans were beaten.