Ten

A/N: Hello all. If you are reading this then it means I'm back from hiatus and I am done writing the Titan's Curse aspect of this story (Finally). I have missed this story so much and so in a period of three weeks, I shall publish the three chapters left from the TC section (The 1st Arc) of The Dissonant Notes of Fate. Things are going to get heated and a lot of twists and turns will be coming your way. I hope you all enjoy what I have to offer and take your time to leave a vote, comment, kudos or review. If you haven't, check out my profile and my other works there too. A few new books—out of the 18 drafted stories I have prepared—will be making an appearance. I got this idea from lildrummerboi to write my stories in arcs and rotate them after each story completes an arc. That author is smart and might have just taken away any difficulties I would've had. Thank you all for the support and for waiting for me. Enjoy the story!

-TripleHomicide.

THALIA sat up with a jerk, glancing around her in a panic at the loud bang. Instantly, she recalled the dreams sent to her by Kronos. She shuddered slightly, shaking her head. Thalia felt herself relaxing when she realised they weren't under attack. Her eyes flickered over to the Titan by her side. His eyes were shut but she could tell he was awake. She silently wondered why he hadn't disappeared back to his Island since the quest had started.

The groan from the front of the truck made the black-haired immortal sit up too. Grover was still passed out, clearly unaffected by the noise. Thalia leaned over the edge of the truck, catching sight of both Phoebe and Zoë Nightshade prowling around the truck in what Thalia assumed was anger.

"What's wrong?" She called to them. The lieutenant of the hunters of Artemis grunted in response. "We have run out of fuel. And the tyres are out of air." Thalia pursed her lips, looking around her. Desert. That was all she could see.

"There's a river," She heard Grover's voice from beside her. Thalia didn't know when the satyr had awoken. "And a path to it. We could use that."

Thalia's brows creased. The path was between a few cliffs. Too high up. She could felt the telltale anxiety already bubbling up. "That's a path for goats." She said, huffing. "In case you couldn't tell, the rest of us aren't goats."

Grover blinked, trying to get the sleepiness out of his eyes. He yawned, and then said, "We could go further upstream if you want." Thalia jumped out of the back of the truck, with Grover following her lead. She looked up as her feet touched the ground and caught the grim look on Percy's face. Thalia bit her lips, wishing she could tell what he was thinking. He was so deep in thought he didn't even notice she wasn't at his side anymore. "Hey, you coming down?"

Her voice broke him out of his reverie and the Titan blinked, murmuring something along the lines of, "Coming." He landed next to her a second later.

"Thalia," Zoë's voice made her spin to her left, where Grover had joined the huntress. "If thee is done talking to yourself, we need to leave, now."

Thalia nodded, passing Percy another look, before jogging towards her quest-mates.

-X-

PERSEUS was having a rotten morning. They had followed the river for a while, coming to a slope that led towards the water. The night before, he'd been visited by his brother's messenger. The girl who had revealed herself to him three chapters ago had come again in what he supposed was a vision, as he had been fully awake.

She had said Kronos was growing impatient. The boy, Luke Castellan was making his way to San Francisco as they spoke and he had to find a way to turn Thalia before they got to the mountain. They had managed to fill Luke's head with doubts thanks to Perseus' memories. But Perseus still hadn't completed his mission. He hadn't managed to get her away from the others yet and he was hoping that he'd be able to on their next stop. He had been thinking of ways to persuade her to join the Titans throughout the night.