Nine

A/N: So guys, it's TripleHomicide here with another chappie. As usual, don't forget to leave a review or comment to tell me what you think, and a vote or kudos if you like this chapter. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish The Titan's Curse section of this story before December ended, like I had planned. I apologize for disappearing. I don't remember half the things which happened before, so forgive me if my characters are a bit...out of character. This chapter won't be long. Just a heads up. Thanks for reading.

-TripleHomicide.

His eyes fluttered open and he looked around him, trying to guess where he had appeared. The last thing he remembered was jumping into that hole in Talos' foot and then he had felt nothing but searing pain engulf him as the giant statue fell onto the power lines and exploded into shrapnel. He had been sure he was going to die. But he didn't seem to have any injuries. He felt fine. Refreshed, even.

Luke Castellan soaked in everything laid before him. The demigod was in a sort of forest—a gigantic one—with trees and leaves converging around him. He could feel the wet earth underneath him and knew that there had been a storm recently. He tried to make sense of everything. How had he gotten into a forest? What was he doing there?

"My son." The voice caused him to turn and he blinked in surprise when he spotted the woman rising out of the earth. His eyes picked up a man, in the shadows of the trees, his arms folded. He wore a full Greek battle armour, which seemed to be made of pure gold. The man stepped out from under the trees, his hands rising to take off his helmet. Luke's brow furrowed as he tried to guess who the man was. He removed his helmet and brushed his hair out of his eyes. He had raven black hair, with dark forest green eyes. He was well built, with well-defined muscles and his face was blank and expressionless.

Luke turned to glance at the woman who had appeared out of the earth. She had a heavenly and regal face, with lush hair as dark as the soil on the ground. Her eyelids were shut and she had a dreamy expression plastered on her face as if she was in the middle of a pleasant reverie. There was a veil of dust covering her face but he could see the cold and distant smile underneath it. She wore a black cloak over a green gossamer peplos, and she seemed to be shifting and churning as if she wasn't really there. The boy could feel the power rolling off her in waves as the woman glided over to the man.

"Mother," The word tumbled out of the man's lips. His voice was deep and hard. Confident, but full of respect for whomever the woman was. He dropped down into a bow. "You are here." The woman had spoken to him in ancient greek and he had responded in the same language. Luke didn't know how, but he understood them perfectly.

"Yes, Perseus," She said, tilting her head to the side. Her dreamy expression didn't waver and the woman motioned to him with her hand. "Rise."

Luke blinked once. Had he heard that correctly? Did she just call him Perseus? If that was Thalia's Titan friend, then the woman was...The Earth Mother, Gaea. Unease rippled through the son of Hermes. He watched, quietly as the man asked, "Is it time?" He sounded expectant and impatient.

"It is," The woman, Gaea, said. "It is time for you to aid your siblings in the battle against the gods."

Perseus took in a deep breath. "Then I shall go, Mother. I will not fail you."

"I know you won't," she let out. Her eyelids were still shut tight, giving him the impression that she was in a deep slumber, and at the back of his mind, Luke was getting confused. How was she speaking to the Titan if she was asleep?

"I shall bring the filthy gods of Olympus to their knees," Perseus was saying, "And The Titans shall reign forever."

The woman nodded. "Go forth, my son," She encouraged. "Destroy them, like you were born to do." Luke watched on as she began dissolving in front of him. Her body and cloak turned to black dust, floating in the air and then landing on the ground. The demigod pursed his lips in confusion. So Gaea was the one who urged Perseus to destroy the gods. He observed as the Titan of the earth clenched his fist and shut his eyes, concentrating. And then his body dissolved into dust, just like his mother's had.