Chapter 196: So, Nora Smith Was Right!

Mrs. Hoffman was startled to hear that. She frowned and asked, “What happened? Did he wake up in fear again?”

After saying that, she didn’t have the luxury of bothering with Nora anymore, so she turned around and walked out.

Jordan also followed closely behind the few of them. Jimmy was his only son, after all, so he cared very much about him.

Nora wanted to follow them up the stairs but was stopped. Someone said, “You can’t go up there, Ms. Smith!”

Nora’s brows were drawn together, and she was rather anxious.

This was a moment of life and death!

Nora didn’t have the luxury of caring that much anymore. She reached out, hooked her arm around the man’s, and pulled him over forcefully at once. She threw him over her shoulder and flipped him onto the ground.

The rest of the thugs rushed toward her one by one at the sight.

Nora stretched out her leg and kicked one of them away. The man, who had been sent flying sideways, blocked the rest of the people rushing toward her, which allowed her to run upstairs.

As soon as she went up, she heard Mrs. Hoffman screaming shrilly, “Jimmy! Jimmy, wake up! Wake up!”

The nanny next to them was also shouting anxiously, “Jimmy, Jimmy…! What’s wrong with him, Mrs. Hoffman?”

Jordan yelled, “Get out of the way! Call 911! Hurry!”

Nora’s eyes widened in horror. She rushed straight to the room and saw Jimmy lying on a clean bed in the brightly-lit room. He was foaming at the mouth and convulsing.

Mrs. Hoffman touched his forehead and exclaimed, “Why is he so warm?! Jordan, hurry up and call 911!”

Nora rushed over anxiously. Jordan, who was on the phone, noticed her. He frowned at once and was about to speak when Nora bypassed him and stood at Jimmy’s bed.

Jordan was furious. “You—”

But before he could finish, Nora ordered coldly, “Get out of the way!”

Mrs. Hoffman was dumbfounded.

Nora grabbed her by the arm. Then, she looked at the nanny and instructed, “Get me some diluted alcohol to lower his temperature.”

Then, she immediately pulled Jimmy’s eyelids up skillfully and checked his eyes—the boy’s pupils were already dilating. She didn’t have the luxury of caring that much anymore. She immediately took out a pill from her pocket, tore off the tinfoil, and fed it to Jimmy!

Mrs. Hoffman finally came back to her senses at this point. She rushed over and shouted, “What did you feed Jimmy?!”

Nora looked at her coldly. “If you continue to stop me, your son will die!”

Her calm and steady voice, as well as her words, made Mrs. Hoffman dumbfounded.

Seeing that she finally wasn’t coming forward anymore, Nora took the diluted alcohol from the nanny and physically cooled the boy’s temperature.

The bodyguards at the door rushed up at this point and said, “Mr. Hoffman! Nora, she—”

Before he could finish, he was stunned by the sight of Nora repeatedly torturing Jimmy.

Jordan, whose eyes were red, glared at Nora menacingly. However, he suddenly said, “Let her do it. Nora, if anything happens to my son, I won’t let you off!”

The bodyguards finally retreated.

The long-overdue ambulance finally came. By the time the paramedics came upstairs, Jimmy had already fallen into a deep sleep. His breathing had also become much more even, and he looked much better.