Chapter 57 - Eating Her Words!

A contemptuous voice suddenly reached Sheena, causing her to frown.

She turned to see a tall and slim figure walking down the stairs. Dressed in a casual outfit, the teen was very handsome and looked about 21 or 22 years old. Upon closer inspection, one would realize that he bore a slight resemblance to Sheril Anderson. He was her twin younger brother, Logan Anderson.

Logan sported a neat and short hairstyle, and there was a characteristically wild and intractable look to him. He blew a bubble as he chewed on gum.

Sheena frowned. "No one in particular. Where are you going?"

Logan curled his lip; he didn't like this aunt of his very much. He scoffed and replied, "Tsk. She's not from around these parts, so she's easy to bully, but do you think you can meddle in even my affairs too?"

He left the villa after saying that.

His attitude maddened Sheena so badly that she pointed at him and reprimanded Simon. "Look at how much you've spoiled that boy! Instead of doing honest work, he's running wild outside with other people all day!"

Logan was a college student, but he skipped classes, had failing grades, misbehaved, and hung out with a bunch of rich second-generation heirs.

Simon also found his son a headache, but now wasn't the time to talk about him.

He had only just frowned when he noticed Melissa on the second floor giving him a look.

Simon paused, went upstairs, and entered the bedroom with Melissa.

A troubled Melissa said, "I just had a look at Mom. She hasn't woken up yet, but the redness and swelling around her eyes are still there. Also, she still couldn't see anything last night… What do we do now?"

She sighed and went on. "Honestly, what's wrong with Sheena? Why must she get so angry with a child? Keep an eye on her. If she goes too far with her words, you must shut her up."

Simon gave her a wry smile. "Sheena is so stubborn. She'll never listen to me."

Melissa frowned. "What should we do then? Are you really going to just watch her drive Nora away?"

A cold look immediately came over Simon's countenance. "Of course not! I'm her uncle. I have the final say in this house! Although Nora got ahead of her with her bragging this time, if it weren't because Sheena was being so overbearing…

"I'm going to protect Nora even if it means I'll displease Sheena! I won't allow Sis' flesh and blood to become stranded in the streets!"

It was exactly his sense of duty and responsibility that Melissa admired when she had married him back then. She said, "Okay! I'll back you up!"

After the two had finished speaking, one of them went downstairs while the other continued to watch over Mrs. Anderson.

By the time Nora woke up, it was almost noon. After a good stretch, she got up and picked up her cell phone. When she saw the text message from her son, a happy smile formed on her face.

Pete went to the Quinn School of Martial Arts for martial arts practice every Tuesday and Saturday, and studied under a home tutor at the Hunts the rest of the days. It was Sunday that day, so it was his rest day.

At this point, she received a call from Solo. When she answered, the other party said weakly, "We've been investigating for a week, but even so, we still haven't found any traces indicating that Justin was in California five years ago. Apart from himself, I think there's probably no one else who really knows how his son came about."