Chapter 67 - Direct Successor

Jon's expression remained unchanged as he answered, "It's Dr. Zabe."

At once, Joel got ready to instruct his subordinates to invite him over.

However, Jon stopped him. He said, "He's already very old, and has even become somewhat absent-minded and bedridden. But I've heard that he took in a student who inherited all of his skills. Unfortunately, this person is very mysterious. No one knows where they are."

Joel frowned. His gaze fell on Ian who was lying on the bed.

Jon contemplated for a while before he spoke again. He said, "I can keep Mr. Smith alive, but you'll have to either let him rekindle his will to live or find Dr. Zabe's student."

Joel nodded, a bit of a sharp look appearing in his flirtatious eyes. "In that case, please help my uncle regain consciousness as soon as possible, Mr. Myers."

"Okay."

Jon took out a silver needle and pierced it into several important points on Ian. Then, he took out a pill, crushed it, and stuffed it into his mouth.

After some work, Ian's heartbeat became steady again.

Jon wiped the sweat off his brows and said to Joel, "Mr. Smith should be able to wake up tomorrow. I'll have Tina personally come over to check on him every day and do our best to keep him alive until you find Dr. Zabe's successor."

A smile formed on Joel's countenance once more. "Okay, I'll get the butler to send you out."

After the two of them left, a feminine and delicate voice suddenly rang out. "Joel, he's obviously capable of curing Dad, yet he keeps going on and on here with you instead. Also, Dr. Zabe? He sure says a lot of nonsense."

Joel smiled upon hearing this.

He turned around to see an attractive figure walk in—it was Ian's adopted daughter, Yvonne Smith.

Ian never married in his whole life, choosing to only adopt a daughter. All the other children born into the Smiths were boys, so they doted on their one and only younger sister very much.

Joel said, "As long as he can cure Uncle Ian's illness, what's the big deal about helping him boost his reputation?"

Yvonne stuck out her tongue and cast her eyes down.

Everyone said she was the princess of the Smiths in New York, but no one knew that she was actually the most afraid of Joel.

The new head of the Smiths was always smiling and was gentle and generous, but Yvonne always felt like there was a thin wall between the two of them…

At the entrance of the Smiths' residence.

It took a full ten minutes for the car to go from the villa where Ian lived to the gate of the manor.

It was only when she saw that they were on the main road that Tina finally looked away from the manor.

She looked at Jon nervously. "Sir, Ian Smith is already on his deathbed. Even he himself doesn't want to live anymore; how can we possibly save his life?"

Ian had no external or internal injuries. From a modern medicine perspective, there wasn't anything wrong with him.

Yet his internal organs were slowly failing…

Jon stretched out his hand—half a pill was resting on his palm. He said, "Go over every day to check his health. Give him a couple of jabs on unimportant points of his body first, and then have him consume this pill. This will keep him alive."