Chapter 137 - Father And Daughter Claiming Credit

Justin, however, didn't give him a chance to speak. He said coldly, "I'll be speaking with the kindergarten. Ms. Turner will be under the Hunts' protection from now on."

He hung up right after saying that.

Justin looked at Cherry tenderly and said, "There, I've made the call. Don't worry, Pete."

Just now, Cherry had suddenly run over and said that someone was bullying her godmother, so she wanted him to talk to the Smiths. He had been rather stunned when she said that.

However, he had very quickly reacted and knew that this was a great opportunity for him.

.
After all, one must never offend their woman's best friend.

Thus, he had made the call. To him, it was nothing but just a matter of lifting his finger.

Cherry nodded and chirped, "Okie-Dokie!"

However, Justin was still staring at her.

Cherry blinked and asked, "What's the matter, Daddy?"

Was little Cherry not cute today?

Just as she was wondering, Justin said, "You should give your Mommy a call and report this to her."

How could he stay quiet about it after doing a good deed?

Cherry tilted her head and asked, "Why?"

Without batting even an eyelid, Justin replied, "Because your Mommy won't need to worry anymore if you do that, right?"

After thinking for a while, Cherry agreed and said, "Okie-Dokie!"

Justin sat there and watched his adorable little baby take out her cell phone. Her little fingers swiped across the screen slickly and turned it on. Then, she dialed Nora's number.

The young woman's lazy voice rang out from the other end of the call the moment it connected.

"What's the matter, Cherry?"

Cherry found herself missing Mommy a bit when she heard the familiar voice. Longing appeared in her big eyes as she said, "Mommy, the kindergarten fired God-mom!"

"What happened?"

The woman's voice instantly turned sharp. Then, Cherry heard rustling sounds from the other end of the call—she was likely… getting out of bed?

However, Cherry went on and said, "But you don't have to worry, Mommy~ I've already settled it for you~"

Justin, "??"

Cherry said triumphantly, "I coaxed Daddy to call the Smiths after I heard the news, so God-mom should be fine soon~ Aren't I super awesome, Mommy?!"

The woman on the other end relaxed and likely laid back down on the bed. She said, "Uh-huh, Cherry's the best. I'll get God-mom to thank you when she comes back. Mwah~"

Then, she yawned again and said, "Mm, I'm going to bed."

And then, she hung up.

Justin, "????"

He was obviously the one who resolved the issue, so why was all the credit Cherry's in the end?!

His expression darkened right away.

However, Cherry turned to him right after that. She broke into a grin and said, "There, I've made the call, Daddy! Isn't Cherry… Pit super awesome?!"

Although he was gnashing his teeth, Justin nevertheless forced a small smile and replied, "… Yes, you are."

Satisfied, Cherry ran off to play in the study.