Chapter 133 - They Resemble Each Other A Little

Her soft whispers caused a jolt to go through Tanya.

For how many days and nights had those words appeared in her dreams…

Tanya's eyes widened and she looked down at Mia. Just as she was about to take a closer look at her face, Hillary stepped forward in a panic. She took Mia's hand and said, "Mommy's here, Mia. Here, let Mommy carry you…"

Tanya froze again, feeling as though her heart had been pricked by something.

What was she thinking? Mia's mother was Hillary. She didn't have anything to do with her.

Yet, because Mia had fainted, in her daze, she seemed to be convinced that Tanya was her mother. Her little hands clutched the corners of her clothes tightly and refused to let go, seemingly afraid that she would leave.

.
A piercing look appeared in Hillary's eyes at the sight. She immediately broke into a frown and forcefully unfurled the girl's fingers straightaway. This made Tanya's heart ache, and she couldn't help but grab her wrist.

"Don't be so rough…"

Hillary paused and emphasized once more, "Tanya, she's my daughter. Please let go."

Tanya slowly loosened her grip…

The way Hillary kept repeating 'my daughter' over and over made her feel as if there were thorns stabbing into her heart.

Indeed, what right did she have to question the girl's mother? Despite her heart aching terribly for the little girl because the pain was causing her to frown even while she was comatose, she couldn't say a word.

At this point, Joel stepped forward and grabbed Hillary's hand forcefully. The usually mild-mannered man commanded sharply, "Let go!"

Hillary was taken aback.

Joel pushed her away and looked at Tanya. His lips moved a little. After a long moment of hesitation, he said, "Ms. Turner, Mia has become confused in her sleep. In order to avoid injuring her, can I trouble you to carry her to the VIP ward?"

'Ms. Turner'…

He had called her Ms. Turner.

Tanya felt like the man was using a voice and a face so familiar to her to say things that sounded so foreign to her… The acerbic and unbearable pain made the look on her face change again and again. At last, she smiled and said, "Sure."

After Tanya carried Mia upstairs and left the ward with Joel following nervously behind her, Hillary clenched her fists tightly. A vicious look shot out of her eyes.

Mia was her only hope of holding Joel down!

She would never allow anyone to take her away!

With that in mind, she hurriedly went after them.

In the VIP ward.

Mia continued to clutch Tanya's sleeve even after she placed her on the bed. Ms. Lynn and the school doctor softly reminded her, "Remember not to offend Mr. Smith, lest he holds the kindergarten accountable… It's going to be a little tough on you, but please try your best, Ms. Turner!"

Since the accident had happened in the kindergarten, it went without saying that the kindergarten had to be held accountable.

As a substitute teacher, Tanya was also accountable to the kindergarten.

Therefore, Tanya took a seat by the bed and said, "I'll wait for Mia to calm down before I leave."

Both Ms. Lynn and the school doctor breathed sighs of relief. After that, they made up an excuse and left. After all, the school needed them there.