Chapter 4: Homecoming

As the week continued, the girls spent time together after school to have study sessions, strengthening their friendship along the way. After four days of playing catch up with lessons, the girls were ready for today's tests.

"I'm going to flunk this so hard." Kagome cries in despair. "Aw come on Kagome it won't be that bad. Besides, we have been preparing for days for today. You'll be okay!" I said, trying to encourage her.

Kagome looked at me with a more confident smile. "If you say so. Honestly, I don't feel as nervous as I thought I'd be. I think it's because of your amazing teaching skills."

"Wha-oh no I didn't do much at all." I said embarrassed. "You shouldn't cut yourself short, Kagami. You're a fast learner and your ability to make each lesson understandable is amazing." She said confidently, sticking by her words.

"Thank you." I started poking my cheek. "I'm really not that good. If I didn't have Eri, Ayumi, and Yuka to help me catch up, I would've been screwed." I bashfully said.

"Well, let's both do our best today. Good luck!" She said encouragingly. "You too!" I said. As class started, our testing began. The questions aren't too terrible. I take a glance over to Kagome to see her sweating nervously. Guess she's struggling over there. I'll cheer her up afterwards.

-Mini time skip-
.
.
.
"You okay Kagome?" Ayumi asked, worried. Her head was buried in her arms on her desk.

"It was that bad huh?" Yuka questioned. "Well, I'm just exaggerating a little. I feel like I did well this time, but tests are still draining." Kagome said, resting her.

She's right, easy or not tests will always be a pain to take. I thought, sighing a little. "How about you Kagami?" Eri asked.

"Eh, it wasn't that bad, but I do agree the testing was exhausting," I replied nonchalantly. "I'm just glad it's the weekend now."

"Want to go somewhere like karaoke?" Eri suggested.

Since it's Friday, Haku should be coming today. "Sorry I can't, I have to meet up with someone today." I felt bad not being able to hang out with them outside of studying, but I wanted to see him. "Is it a boy?" Ayumi asked enthusiastically. "Well, yea he's-"

"Your boyfriend?! How long have you two been together?" Eri asked excitedly. "How can you just assume he's her boyfriend?" Yuka questioned. "Come on, have you seen the looks guys give her? They're head over heels!" She stated. Yuka and Eri continue to debate whether the mystery guy was my boyfriend.

I leaned on my hand a bit, looking at them lazily. "We should probably stop them right?" I questioned with a deadpan expression. "Yeah, we should," Kagome said, looking at her two friends in disappointment. "Guys, he's my brother, not my boyfriend," I stated.

"Oh...oops." "Sorry about that." Eri and Yuka said in embarrassment. "It's fine. He's coming home from America today, so I have to be there to welcome him." I stated.

"America? Is your family mixed?" Ayumi asked.

"No, he just works abroad." Just as they were about to ask more questions, my phone vibrated. That must be him. "Sorry to leave so soon guys. I'll see you all later." I said getting up and heading towards the door. "See you later Kagami!" Yuka said. "You should introduce us to your brother sometime!" Eri shouted. "Remember tomorrow, okay," Kagome said, reminding me.

I looked at her nodding before walking out. "Bye guys!" I said waving as I left the cafe. I walked for a few minutes to get a bit of privacy from the crowds. Now then. I take out my phone to finally answer the call. "Heya Haku-nii," I said joyfully.