Chapter 26

About a week after I was back home I had started to except what had happened, it had finally sunk in that I wasn't going to be a mum anytime soon and it had possibly put me off ever having children. Dimitri had been a sweetheart throughout all of my breakdowns and helped me a lot, I don't no what I would have done without him! Our relationship was going great and I was starting to be a lot more happier, everyone seemed to notice it and Lissa had told me many times that a smile suited me more than a frown! That's what j loved about Lissa, she didn't ever think about what she was saying, she had no filter!

But just when I thought everything was going to be okay it changed from good to bad in a heartbeat. I had decided to go out for a run one night and I was out after dark, I was running down one of the back alleys when I first got the feeling, the feeling that I was being watched. I quickened my pace a bit so I could get out of the alley faster, but just as I got to the end a tall figure stood in front of me, I tried to scream but he put his hand over my mouth and tackled me to the floor

"Jesse!" I screamed, realising who it was "get off me!" I struggled as he straddled my waist but I knew I couldn't get up while he was pinning me down.

"Why so you can run back to your boyfriend?" he asked. "you are having my baby, you should be with me." I screamed as loud as I could in hope that someone could hear me. he threw his hand back over my mouth "the only reason I'm not going to hurt you is because you are pregnant but if you don't shut up I will." I shook my head and tried to get his hand off my mouth.

"I'm not pregnant." I mumbled but I didn't think it was understandable "Jesse!" I screamed. He picked me up and made me walk forward, he had a death grip around my waist and his hand was still over my mouth.

We walked for a few minutes before we came out into the open "if you do anything to draw attention to us, I swear I won't hesitate to hurt you, I don't care if you are pregnant." I shook my head

"Just let me go Jesse, please." he laughed

"Why? So the Russian can raise my baby as his own, I love you Rose, I need you in my life."

Jesse carried on walking forward with me by his side, I didn't doubt that he would hurt me if I made a scene but I wasn't pregnant so I only needed to worry about myself. As we were walking down the road towards a van which I presumed Jesse owned I saw a man walking over the other side of the road, he was tall and well built, no doubtably stronger than Jesse. If I could get his attention maybe he could help me.

Jesse looked down at me "what are you thinking?" He asked, I stared at the ground, it was time to get his attention

I screamed as loud as I could and the man turned to face me, I had shocked Jesse and he had let go of me enough for me to attempt to run, I ran in the direction of the man and stopped when he was a few meters In front of me "call the police please." I begged, he shook his head and pulled me towards him

"I am the police, I'm officer Zeklos what's wrong?" I sighed. Zeklos, that was Jesses last name.

"Do you no that man?" I pointed to where Jesse was still standing, he looked furious, if he ever caught me again I knew I was going to pay. The man shook his head

"No why?" He asked. I shook my head

"It's not important, but please help me. He wants to take me away, he thinks I'm pregnant, he used to be my boyfriend. I'm scared of what he will do to me." the man nodded and took out his phone, he dialled a number which I presumed was another officer. Jesse realised what was going on and fled, he ran as fast as he could away from us.

"I've called my friend, he is a police officer aswell, we will take you down to the station so you can write a statement and if your case is serious we will try and arrest Jesse." I nodded, a few minutes later a car that I recognised pulled up by us. A man got out of the car and I ran into his arms before he even recognised it was me.

"Dimitri. Jesse was here." Dimitri looked down at me and then to the man

"Ivan I'm so glad you called, this is Rose, we will take her down to the station so she can file a restraining order against Jesse." The man, who I presumed was Ivan, gasped

"This is your girlfriend!?" Ivan chuckled "small world."