Chapter 25

Hundreds of thoughts were going through my mind as I kissed him, but one in particular bothered me: Will he hurt me again? I didn't know the answer and to be honest I didn't want to find out. Surely he meant what he said, he had told me that he felt as if he was taking advantage of me, maybe I had found a nice guy.

Even if I had wanted to pull away I don't think I would have been able to, I loved the way our lips connected, it felt as if we were meant for eachother. I wrapped my hand around Dimitri's kneck and my other hand went into his hair, before I could deepen the kiss he pulled away. My heart leaped into my mouth because I thought he was going to say the same thing he had last time.

It was hard to hide the hurt on my face this time, I truly believed that he was going to hurt me again.

"Are you ready to leave?" He asked. I released the breathe I didn't know I was holding.

I nodded "yes, but can I go home? Today was the day I was supposed to move into my new house, I would like to spend some time there." Dimitri nodded

"Of course. You have my number, you can call when your ready." that wasn't what I was wanting,

"Could you stay with me for a bit?" Dimitri looked shocked but hid it behind a mask.

"If that's what you want then yes." I smiled slightly, knowing that he would be there for me was nice.

On the way to my apartment I text Lissa saying that I would be round to collect my things the next day. Dimitri drove me in his car and I have him the directions, I hated to admit it but I could feel myself about to cry. I rarely cried in front of people and I didn't want to start now, I blinked as much as I could to stop the tears from spilling over my eyes.

Dimitri must have noticed my tears because he put a hand on my leg "Its alright to cry Rose, I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you." he looked me in the eye for a second before he returned his gaze to the road. I hated people worrying about me, it made me feel weak, and there was nothing worse than feeling weak.

Or maybe I was. Maybe Lissa and Dimitri were right, I was weak. But only because I was grieving, I had lost my baby, its normal to feel this way, right? I looked over at Dimitri while he was distracted, I couldn't help the tear that escaped my eye.

I wanted to be alone, I wanted to pour my heart out again like I had in the hospital. I didn't want to look weak in Dimitris eyes, the day I had seen Tasha in Dimitris apartment I had admired her boldness. A boldness I didn't have. Even though I dislike Tasha I still love admire what she did, it must have taken a lot of guts to break into his house, not alone the fact that she was probably going to sleep with him if she could have.

We arrived at my apartment and I opened the car door just as Dimitri did, I wanted to find a nice way to tell him that I wanted to be alone. "D-Dimitri." I tried to cover up my stutter that was caused by my tears but I was sure he noticed.

"Rose, do you want a shoulder to cry on?" I looked up towards him

"I don't like crying in front of people." I bowed my head and looked to the floor, I could feel the tears about to come again.

Before I knew it Dimitri was stood in front of me, he lifted my chin up with his finger.

"Rose, listen to me and listen carefully. If you think your going to make me see you any other way than I already do if you cry your wrong. It's understandable, you have just lost one of the most important things to you. I want to be here for you and that means seeing everything, even the tears." I bit my lip and let the tears spill over, not purposely might I add!

Dimitri smiled slightly and brought me into a hug "there we go, now I can comfort you." I laughed slightly before the tears truly took over. I stood in Dimitris hold crying in a car park, an occasional sob would escape my mouth and Dimitri would hold me tighter. After a while he carried me bridal style into my apartment and put me on the bed, he lay next to me and held me in his arms while I continued to cry, I let everything out of my system.

Blessing in Disguise-VAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara