Chapter 23

Lissa PoV:

I felt awful, Rose had lost her baby just as she had begun to accept she was going to become a mom, in fact I'm sure she was glad. The baby was the one good thing to come out of her relationship with Jesse and I knew that nothing good was going to happen to her now. She would blame herself for what happened and believe everything he had said to her, I didn't want to believe it but there was nothing I could do for my friends accept be a shoulder to cry on.

I thought as hard as I could for ways to make Rose happier but I was struggling, she hadn't really told me anything good that had happened to her. Thinking about it nothing good had ever happened to her, she had only had a brief sample of happiness when she met Dimitri. That's when it hit me, I could try and set them up.

I had always been good at setting people up together, it had become one of my talents. In school I was always the person someone came to when they liked someone and at least a week later they were together, I had even set up my friends Mia and Eddie a couple of months ago and there relationship was going strong!

I remember grabbing Roses phone off her to try and contact the hospital when mine wouldn't work and I luckily still had it, I got it out of my bag and went through her contacts until I found Dimitri.

He picked up on the third ring, "Rose?" He said sounding relieved, I had a good feeling that he liked her.

"No it's Lissa, Roses friend." I answered

"Is Rose okay?" I didn't answer for a minute, what do I tell him?

"Rose is...fine. It's the baby that's not okay." Dimitri gasped

"Did she...?" He seemed reluctant to say the words so I answered for him.

"Yes, she had a miscarriage. We are in the hospital now I just thought I should let you no, Rose mentioned how kind you had been to her."

"I'll be there in a bit." before I could say anything he put the phone down, that wasn't what I planned but that was fine. I'm sure she would be happy to see him when she woke up, right? She had told me she was falling for him, once he had kissed her he pulled away. Was that because he realised it was wrong to kiss a pregnant women or was it because he didn't like her? Surely someone who doesn't like Rose in that way wouldn't be so worried about her like he was.

I began to think this wasn't such a good idea, what if Rose hated me for calling him. I had no right to go through her phone or call him, but we were like sisters, I always intervene where I'm not wanted. Its my job as her best friend!

I knew who Dimitri was as soon as I saw him, and I knew exactly why Rose started to fall for him. He was hot, and not just cute hot, he was drop your panties right on the spot hot! I waved him over and he asked where she was and if she was okay.

"She's in room 402 and she's upset, very upset. She had just began to be happy she was pregnant. Please try and be nice to her I don't want you to hurt her again." Dimitri looked down at the floor

"She told you" he said, not really a question, more of a statement. I nodded

"You hurt her a lot Dimitri, I don't no why you kissed her or why she bolted but I do no that she was hurt." Dimitri sighed

"I didn't mean to hurt her, I just felt like I was taking advantage of a her, she was upset when she came back from talking to you, she couldn't understand why she didn't tell you she was pregnant. I had wanted to kiss her for a long time and I finally had the guts to do it but when she kissed me back I realised it was wrong." I shook my head

"There's one thing I'm certain I know about Rose and that is that she never does something unless she wants to do it. If she kissed you back it meant she really liked you, she trusted you not to hurt her the same way Jesse did, and you broke her trust." I sighed "I didn't call you here so we could talk about that, or so I could make you feel as if you were in the wrong. I called because I hoped that you could help Rose in a way that I can't." He seemed taken back by my words.

"What can I do for Rose that you cant?" He asked

"I could tell the day that I picked Rose up, I could see it in your eyes. You like Rose more than a friend or a girl you let stay at your house. I think you might of fallen for her the same way she did for you, I think you can be there for her in the way I cant." Dimitri sighed again.

"It's going to take more than just an apology to get through to Rose, and now probably isn't the best time for me to put more stress on her." I shook my head

"Don't give up on her Dimitri, love doesn't fade. I'm certain hers hasnt." He nodded

"I'll try."