Chapter 18

On the drive back I couldn't help but think of Lissa, the more I thought of how much I hadn't told her the more I got upset, by the time I was half way back to Dimitri's I could feel myself about to cry. I hated lying to her, I wasn't very good at it and it hurt more that she knew I wasn't telling her something. I hated to imagine how she felt, her best friend, almost sister, wasn't telling her something.

The drive home seemed longer than it normally was, it felt even longer than it did when I first found out I was pregnant. But having some time alone let me think about everything, it let me ask questions that I couldn't ask with anyone around. the main question that I asked was did I really want a baby, I was only just getting into being a photographer, I could make something out of my life. But with a baby that would change everything, I would have to find another job that pays better, I would have to give up on my dream.

When I got back I went straight into the spare room where I was staying, Dimitri was in the living room watching TV and I knew that any minute now he would knock on the door and ask me what's wrong. I had tried to convince him everything was okay, I think I might have succeeded but if he sees me crying he is going to know I'm just an unstable pregnant girl that he should have nothing to do with.

As if on cue he knocked on the door "Rose." he said "are you okay?" I tried to wipe away the tears but they kept falling "can I come in?" I bit my lip and walked over to the door

"I'm fine Dimitri." I said

"Let me in Roza?" I opened the door and his face softened when he saw my tears, he pulled me into a hug and stroked my hair "what happened?" He asked.

Once I had found the strength to stop crying I spoke "I couldn't tell Lissa I was pregnant, I tell her everything but I couldn't bring myself to tell her. What if she thinks badly of me, what if she looks down on me?" Dimitri pulled me out of the hug slightly so he could speak to me

"Rose, she's your best friend, I'm sure this won't change anything." I shook my head

"Lissa has everything sorted, a husband, a house of her own and money. What do I have?" Dimitri smiled slightly

"Me." I looked up at Dimitri and smiled, he was truly amazing.

We spent a few seconds just looking at each other before it happened, he leant down and kissed me, softly at first and then he picked up the pace. For the first few seconds I froze and didn't do anything but then I let myself melt into the kiss and I kissed him back. It wasn't until now that I realised how much I had wanted this. I was slowly falling for this man.