Chapter 24

(Still Lissa)

I waited outside while Dimitri went into Rose, I hoped she forgave him. I could see how much he loved her even if he didn't want to admit it, I could tell the day I picked her up. He was deverstated when she left and so was she.

After about 10 minutes Dimitri walked back out with his head hung low, he walked over to me and sat in the chair opposite me "I really screwed up. She won't talk to me, she won't even look me in the eye!" I felt bad for him, this just proved how much he cared for her. I needed to fix this, although I was starting to regret my decision to bring him here there was no point disappointing him. I got up and walked into Roses room.

It pained me to see her how she was, tears formed in the corners of her eyes, in the 15 years that I had known her I had barely seen her cry, today alone I had seen her cry on many accessions. She had her legs curled up to her chest and her hands were wrapped around her stomach, she was staring at a blank space on the wall which she didn't take her eyes off even when I walked in.

"Rose?" I asked. Still she wouldn't look at me "I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine what your going through. I'm also sorry that I called Dimitri, I know I shouldn't have gone through your phone but I could tell how much he liked you, you deserve to be happy." still no answer

"Rose?" I asked "look at me Rose. Your worrying me." Rose didn't move her eyes, she didn't even look like she was looking at the wall. She was looking without seeing.

Someone about this wasn't right so I called for Dimitri, he walked in and as soon as he saw her he saddened. "Something's wrong. She won't look at me either." Dimitri walked over to Roses bed and sat on the corner. He placed one hand on Roses face and stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"Rose, can you hear me? I'm sorry" he started "I'm so sorry I didn't tell you when I kissed you. I like you Rose, more than I should have, so when I kissed you it felt wrong, it felt like I was taking advantage of you. I didn't want to tell you why I really kissed you so I didn't no what else to say. The real reason why I kissed you is because I like you, scratch that, I'm falling for you Rose. I'm falling faster than I've ever falling for someone before, and I know this isn't the right time to tell you but I needed to let you no that I'm here for you. I meant every word I said to you when you were with me, I will be there for you whenever you need me. I can't imagine what's going through your head after today but I will be there when you want to talk." He didn't look like he was finished but it also looked like he was hesitant about what he was going to say.

"I love you Rose." Roses eyes snapped to his and her breathe hitched, that definitely got her attention! They both stared at eachother, the only movement was Dimitris thumb on her cheek, he carefully wiped away a lonely tear that had escaped her eye. she unwound one hand from around her stomach and placed it over his hand on her face.

"It hurts Dimitri." she cried, silent tears fell down my cheeks, it was too much for me to handle seeing my best friend like this.

"I know it does, but your strong, you can make it through this." she shook her head

"I cant. It hurts so bad, it feels like someone's taken a part of me away and left me to bleed." He leant down and kissed her forehead

"Your the strongest person I know, if anyone can make it through this, it will be you." Rose caught Dimitri before he straightened up and connected there lips together, I felt almost like I was intruding so I stepped out of the room and closed the door, the least that she deserved was some privacy.

I sat down on the chair I was in before and waited for one of them to come out.