Chapter 171 - Henry Smith's Fate

Start from the beginning

On the contrary, he only owned two valuable watches.

Wendy’s eyes flickered when she heard him.

She and Angela exchanged another look and then nodded.

Henry got up from the sofa and said, “Let’s book our flight tickets and leave right away, lest anything else happens while we’re still here and we end up not even able to enter the house when we get home. It would be terrible if we can’t get those things out of the house! Go and book the flight tickets, Wendy!”

“Okay,” Wendy replied without any hesitation.

She went to the side with her cell phone and used it for a while before she said, “The earliest flight is in three hours. You can relax for now.”

“Okay,” replied Henry.

Angela poured him a glass of water. “Have some water, Dad.”

Henry took the glass from her. However, he almost spat the water out after taking a sip. He flung the glass onto the floor and snapped, “Why is it so hot?!”

Angela’s eyes flickered.

Henry had never lost his temper with her in the past, even when the water she poured for him was too hot. As expected, he must have become estranged from her after he realized the truth, right?

She lowered her head and said, “I didn’t mean it, Dad.”

Wendy hurried over and held Angela, who had squatted down to clean the mess, with a touch of frostiness on her countenance.

Then, she smiled and said, “Now that you’ve been accepted to the New York University School of Medicine, you should go back to the school, Angela. You don’t have to go back with us. Go for an internship during summer vacation instead. There’s still some money in this card, so take it with you for now.”

Angela looked at Henry.

Henry wanted to say that there were almost $50,000 in the card, which was too much. However, when he thought of how they would be able to sell the things at home for more than a million dollars after they got home, he chose not to say anything.

He had to win over his daughter!

Angela took the card, picked up her bag, and left.

After she left, Wendy and Henry packed their luggage together.

An hour later, the two set off for the airport.

When they arrived at the airport, Wendy looked at Henry and suggested, “Why don’t you check in the luggage first? It looks like there are a lot of people in line over there. I’ll go and collect the tickets at the self-service check-in kiosk and come back later!”

Checked baggage must be done at least fifty minutes before takeoff. They wouldn’t be able to check in the baggage if they were too late. Time was rather pressing, so Henry nodded.

He brought the two suitcases with him and lined up behind the crowd.

At the sight of how the people in front were walking so slowly, he felt a little anxious.

New York was a big and crowded place, indeed. Even the airport was teeming with people. Seeing that there was only an hour left to take-off, and that he had already waited for over half an hour, yet Wendy still hadn’t returned—Henry decided to call her.

Wendy picked up the call very quickly.

“Where are you?” asked Henry.

Wendy smiled and answered, “I’m on the plane, of course!”

Henry was taken aback. “What?”

Wendy replied, “The plane is about to start taxiing, Henry. Let’s bid our farewells here!”

Henry was utterly astounded. “What do you mean, Wendy?”

“It means exactly what I said, Henry. Don’t worry about the luxury goods in the villa. I’ve already asked my brother to go over and retrieve them all!”

Henry was filled with disbelief. “Wendy, what are you doing? We can get more than a million dollars with those things. Even if we don’t have the villa anymore, we won’t have to worry about money for the rest of our lives!”

Wendy laughed. She sounded very relaxed as she said, “Yes, you’re right. With that money, Angela and I won’t have to worry about money for the rest of our lives, so you can rest assured!”

Henry finally understood what she was saying. “A-are you actually abandoning me?”

Wendy sneered, “I’ve done so much and worked so hard at home to take care of you all these years, Henry, but what about you? Who do you think you are? All you do is shout and yell at me all day, and treat me like a free babysitter. Now that you don’t have any more income, why should I still bend all over to make you happy? The money is all mine now, and I will spend it well, so you don’t have to worry! As for Angela, I’d advise you not to bother her. Otherwise, I’ll expose everything you’ve done and put you in jail!”