"I agree," King Theodore replied. "Cassius, have your generals do the same thing in the next closest border town to the fort."

"Yes father," Cassius responded. Advisor Melli scowled, but made his face neutral once the King turned to him.

"Advisor, have you found your wife yet?" he asked.

"The search continues," he replied simply, looking straight at Cassius.

"Well, I will continue hoping for the best. She's such a frail little thing...she couldn't have gotten too far. If you need more guards for the search, please let me know," the King responded.

"I think I have a fairly good idea where she is," Melli said, continuing to glare at Cassius.

"That's a pretty bad run of luck, isn't it? Your first three wives pass away and this one disappears?" Cassius asked.

Melli stared at Cassius with the coldest look he could. "It is unfortunate. But at least when my wives were around they were demure, obedient, and respectful. I may be a bit harsh with my teachings, but it's important to break your women in so they learn their place," Melli said pointedly.

Cassius returned his look with an equally harsh glare. "It appears to be working really well for you," he answered with an equally cold look.

Melli looked for a moment as if he were about to yell, but he instead got up from the table and left.

"I suppose that's meeting adjourned," the King said cheerfully, either oblivious to or ignoring the tension between his son and advisor.

Alterius and the King left quickly. Cassius had gotten up to leave, when Orphasius grabbed his shoulder.

"Hey, Cassius," Orphasius said, pulling him aside.

"What?" Cassius asked, irritated at being kept from Safania longer.

"Welcome back brother. I just wanted to check in with you because I'm a little concerned. Is everything working? You know, down there?" Orphasius asked while smirking.

Cassius looked at him with his icy stare, unamused.

"I'm honestly concerned brother," Orphasius continued. "Do you need a medic to check you out and make sure you're alright?"

"I'm assuming there's a point to this?" Cassius impatiently replied.

"Just find it rather odd you haven't bedded that hot slave girl you seem to spend all your time with."

Cassius froze. How did Orphasius know that?

"My sex life is none of your business," he responded, recovering from the initial shock.

"Well that's where you're wrong," Orphasius replied, walking in a circle around Cassius. "First, I think you mean 'lack of sex life,' and second, it is my business, because if you're not man enough to deflower Safania, I gladly will."

"What are you talking about?" Cassius asked in a low tone.

"Wait...you didn't even know? You're telling me I found out that she's a virgin before you did?" Orphasius laughed. "Oh, that has to sting!"

It did sting. But it also made a lot of sense. Safania freezing up when he would initiate contact, her insistence they remain platonic despite clear chemistry between them, her constant attempts to not be seen as weak. Cassius realized he had been overlooking some major clues.

"Like I said," Orphasius repeated, "if you're not going to screw her, stand aside and make room for someone who will. It's not fair to keep a treasure like that locked up. I will hand it to you though, you've done a good job taking care of her. She's filled out quite nicely. I'd love to get my hands on that nice round ass of hers."

Cassius felt anger growing inside him that he tried to suppress. He wasn't quite used to this feeling - normally he could stay extremely calm through just about anything. But hearing Orphasius talk about his Safania in such a vile manner was grating on his nerves.

"She's got such a sweet little mouth too," Orphasius continued, sensing he was getting under Cassius's skin. "Imagine how good it would look wrapped around my cock."

Without thinking, Cassius punched Orphasius in the face.

Orphasius stumbled backwards and fell to the ground. He wiped his face, only to leave it covered with blood from a nosebleed. Before he could stand up, Cassius lifted him up and pushed him against the wall, ready to strike again.

"She's sure got you, huh brother?" Orphasius said, grinning as his nose continued to bleed.

Cassius didn't respond. Instead, he released Orphasius, turned, and walked away, cursing the fact that he let his brother provoke him.

"What? It's just nice to know you have feelings after all! The great ice prince is actually human," Orphasius called after Cassius, laughing.

As he walked away, all Cassius could do was keep cursing in his head. Damn it, damn it, damn it, he thought. Now Orphasius knew that Safania meant something to him. Which meant Safania was in even more danger. And it was his fault.