chapter 12

Jace's pov.
Stepping out of the car I stumbled and ended up leaning against the back door. I opened the third bottle, turned it up and took a deep swig as I stumbled my way inside.
"Jace I think you have had enough. You are beyond drunk so just give this to me."
CJ took ahold of the bottle as he spoke and attempted to take it but I jerked it away from him almost loosing my balance in the process.
"I will say when I've had enough. I'm immortal it's not like I can die from it." I slurred.
I stumbled into the living room downing a couple swallows as I went and made my way over to the fire place. I put my free hand on the mantle to steady myself.
"He has nerve mentioning her after everything he did." I said more to myself than to CJ.
"Jace?" CJ spoke slowly. "Don't do this to yourself. Give me the bourbon. "
I laughed but it wasn't at all a friendly laugh.
"He did this to me. He raped and killed her in front of me and then he had the gutts to talk about her as if it doesn't matter. I should have killed him right then and there."
"Jace he would have killed you. You don't stand a chance against him alone, you know this. He would have killed you and then Elsa wouldn't have you to protect her."
I just downed another long swig.
"I had the chance I should have taken it." I mumbled.
"Jace he would have killed you is that what you want?"
"Maybe it is then id be with her again. I wouldn't have to deal with this aching pain every day."
"Jace you don't mean that. Come on just give me the bourbon and go sleep it off."
I spun around then my voice loud with anger. "Yes I do Cory I mean every word of it. I should have died that night with my wife, with my child. God damn it." I said throwing the bottle, it hit the back of the fire place and busted the liquid causing the fire to burn brighter, popping and cracking. I placed both my hands on the mantel and starred at the fire as a few tears ran down my face. Thats when I heard her.
"Jace whats wrong?" She asked softly.
I guess I had woken her but I didn't care, not right now. I felt her hand on my shoulder and I spoke with more anger in my voice than I meant to.
"Elsa back off I'm serious. I'm not in the right state of mind to hold my anger back right now."
"How much have you drank?"
"I don't know three."
"You are way too drunk to have only had three glasses."
I laughed but it didn't sound like me. It was cold and distant and full of anger.
"That's because I am. I've drank close to three bottles not cups."
I didn't turn to look at her but I knew she had backed away because she was no longer touching me.
"What happened?"
"Ian is in town and he knows you are here thanks to CJ. "
"How is that my fault I didn't even know he was there."
"It's your fault because you drug me to that stupid club in the first place. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have run into him and he wouldn't have found out where she is." I snapped anger dripping with each word.
"Jace just tell me what happened."she whispered.
"I was sitting at the bar waiting on a drink when this girl walked up and started flirting with me. Before I could tell her to leave me alone the bar tender spoke up. He told her that her master wouldn't appreciate her flirting with the new guy and she turned her charm on him but low and behold he walked up behind us. At first I didn't know who it was and I thought the anger in his voice was toward her but when I turned around he was starring me down. He asked about you Elsa. I told him I didn't know anything about you and then he said your name and I shoved him into the wall and threatened ripping his heart out but it was all a trick. He didn't know until I reacted the way I did. I went to attack him but he moved faster than I did and had me by the throat. He told me that if I tried to stop him again he would make my existance a living hell."
They just starred at me for what felt like forever before I walked to the couch and slumped down onto it.
"I should have killed him." I stated again starring into the fire once more.
"Jace..."
"Elsa don't. "
She walked over to me as I spoke and knelt down in front of me. "Jace look at me."
When I did she continued.
"It's okay he would have found out I was here regardless. It's not your fault."
"Ok well I'm going to take a shower if either of you need me you know where I'm at." CJ said walking away.
There was a long pause before she spoke again.
"Jace I'll just make it easier on you and leave. I don't want to cause you anymore pain so I'll just go and I won't come back."
"You don't have to leave. He already knows you are here. It won't change anything."
"Yes it will. If I leave he won't come after you."
I starred at her for a minute.
"Fine leave. Run like you have for years. I could care less either way. Actually I'll be glad you are gone."
I knew I would regret saying what I had but at the moment I really couldn't care less. The alcohol was feeding my anger.
She looked at me shock on her face.
"I'll just pack some things and leave then. Sorry for causing any inconvenience for you. Don't worry I'll be gone by morning."
"Good." Was all I said.
She stood as a single tear fell down her face and walked away without saying anything else. I knew I should feel bad for what I said and that I should probably appologize but at the moment I didn't.  I sat there and watched the fire burn as I got lost in my own thoughts. I sat like that until the flames began to die before I stood and made my way to my room.