chapter 7

Elsa's pov
Well this is great. Now he wants to know things I can't and wont tell him. It's not even any of his business and it's personal anyway. I just kept my mouth shut as he starred at me. His face going from confused horror to anger in seconds.
"I wont repeat myself again tell me now." He growled. His hands were balled into fists on his lap and his jaw was clenched.
"In all honesty I didn't mean to say anything out loud. All of it is personal so don't even think about trying to make me tell you because I can't. I can't go there. Not just because I don't know you but because I phisically can't. I would have to explain so much to you and just going through that would break me. I'm sorry but I wont go there." I was surprised that my voice was strong. I had expected it to be weak. His face changed at what I said. He sat there for a minute before he finally spoke.
"I'm sorry. Your right it's not my place to ask such personal questions. I didn't mean to snap at you like that it's just that I've been there for him through everything and I don't want him to get hurt anymore. I'm just trying to look out for him. He is like a brother to me you know."
"It's okay. One day maybe I can handle going through that but right now I just can't."
"Again I'm sorry I'm just going to go. You need to rest."
With that he was up and out the door before I could respond shutting it behind him.
Jace's pov
It had been three days since I had lost control and she was still asleep. I was going to check on her but was stoped dead in my tracts when I heard her talking through the door. I was wandering who she could possibly be talking to but then I heard him. It was CJ but I thought he had left. I stood there as quiet as possible so that I could hear what they were saying and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was telling her about what had happened. About the people I lost and I was furious. It wasn't his place to say anything. My anger was gone as fast as it had come though once I heard her speak again. Her voice was so faint that I almost couldn't make out what she was saying. Then I heard CJ raise his voice and I was shocked at what they were saying. When I heard him getting up to leave I quickly made my way back to my room.
Her words kept playing in my head over and over again. What did she mean by it. I didn't save her? I watched her drive off in my car that night. I stayed to destract him to give her enough time to get away and I lost eveything because of it. So what the hell did she mean I didn't save her? I couldn't think straight everything was just confusing me. What had she been about to say and why had she stopped herself like that. I couldn't help wondering what had happened to her that night. Had he found her after he destroyed my family? No he couldn't have could he? I knew the answer to that. Of couse he could have found her. I wanted to know what had happened to her but I knew I couldn't just start questioning her about it, not after what I had done. She would probably just shut down and refuse to speak to me at all. She was mad at me and I didn't blame her. I had almost killed her, she had every right to hate me. In that second I made up my mind to make her something to eat and take it to her. I at least had to make sure she was okay. I made my way to the kitchen and made her some breakfast. Half an hour later I was making my was back down the hall to her room. Instead of just walking in like I would have normally I decided to knock. I stood there waiting but she didn't answer so I knocked again a little louder this time and I heard her shuffle around before she finlly told me to come in. When I walked through the door I saw the instant terror in her eyes and I hated myself for what I had done to her.
"Before you say anything just let me explain. I swear I'm not going to hurt you." The fear on her face was killing me and I was sure she was going to tell me to just leave but she took me by surprise when she just simply shook her head. I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out as I made my way over to the bed.
"I made you some breakfast, you should eat." I sat the food infront of her but she didn't make a move to take it. She just stood there starring at me like she was waiting on me to jump her.
"Look I'm sorry for what I did and you have every reason to hate me but please hear me out. I wasn't in control of myself at all that night and I'm sorry. I didn't recognise you. I didn't have a clue that it was you until you stood up to me. The way you hid your fear and held you ground surprised me. It didn't click who you were until you told me I wasn't the first monster you'd seen. And finding out that you were her, the girl I lost everything to save, it brought everything back all at once. I wasn't prepared for that. I wasn't prepared to face that extent of pain again so quickly so I lached on to the only other emotion I could, my anger. I was so angry because of what had happened to me and I instictively took it out on you because you were the reason it all happened."he paused for a moment and looked at me like he was trying to figure out what I was thinking. My anger spiked at what he said. I didn't cause any of that.
"Don't even go there. I didn't cause anything. I didn't ask you to do anything in the first place. That was all on you. You chose to step in and I know the consequences suck but its not my fault." I rushed out in anger. The look on his face showed his pain and his understanding of my anger. When his eyes met mine I could see the full extent of his pain.
"I know you didn't do anything to cause it and I didn't mean to make you feel like I was accusing you. I just meant that he was pissed and he retaliated on me because I saved you. He hated the fact that I got you away from him. To him that was betrayal to the extreme. I took you from him. It was like I took his plaything and his food from him. He was furrious and he took everything from me because of my betrayal."
He then became quiet and looked away from me, but before he did I saw the look of pure pain in his eyes. It was so deeprooted that my anger disappeared instantly to be replace with regret and curiosity. I wanted to know exactly what had happened after I left. I had wondered about it for years. I knew that I had to ask now while he was vulnerable or I might not ever know.
"What happened to you? What did he do to you?" I asked softly as I sat down next to him.
I was lost in the memories of that night but I heard her question and I turned my head to look at her. She looked sincere but I wasn't really paying much attention to her as I spoke.
"He took everything from me that night. I knew he would be pissed but at the time I had no clue what he was. I didn't know that they even existed let alone that he was one of them. I found out that night that he was a vampire and what he was truely capable of. He attacked me and he told me he would destroy me for what I had done. He took me to my house and tied me to the banister on the staircase so that I couldn't fight him back and he started torchering me. I thought that my wife was gone at the time but at my screaming she came running down the stairs and to my horror he attacked her. He rapped her right in front of me and I couldn't do anything to stop it, to stop him. Hearing her cries for help and being so powerless to help her was killing me. I begged him to stop, to just take it all out on me. I was screaming at him telling him she had nothing to do with what had taken place but he didn't care. When he was done with her he drained her and I watched as her lifeless body fell to the floor. He killed my unborn child when he killed her. My parents were supposed to be staying with us for a few days but they hadn't showed up yet and I was devistated at the sight in front of me. My wife, the love of my life, and my child were gone. I'd never get to see them smile or hold them and I was broken. My parents showed up when he came at me and he hid behind the door. I tried to make them leave. I was screaming at them not to come in but they did and he killed them as I stood there unable to do anything but scream and beg for him to stop. When I saw my mom and my dad laying there dead I was completely broken. I fell to my knees and I couldn't even fight him,I no longer had a reason to. I begged him to kill me but he wouldn't. He drained me almost to death and then forced me to dring his blood. I tried to will myself to fight him when I realized what was happening but I was too weak. Then he killed me, he snapped my neck like it was a piece of paper. He left me there." I stopped talking and looked at her. The look on her face took me completely by surprise though.

AN: I know I haven't alot and I'm sorry. I know I said that I would updated sooner but i've been extreamly busy. My aunts house burnt down and i've been trying to help her get anything salvageable while helping her clean up the place shes staying at until she can get another place. I've also been helping my mom babysit my three little cousins and looking for a job at the same time. It's very stressful and I have to thank you guys for being patient. I am hoping I'll get to update more often just bare with me.

On another note. How do you like the chapter. I hope you don't hate me too much for this chapter I don't usually do the whole cliffhanger thing but I couldn't resist. I promise I will update again soon. In the meantime i'd like to hear what you guys think. What do you think is going to happen? Do you think she's going to break down and tell him what happened to her or do you think she will keep it to herself? Coment and let me know I want to know what you guys have to say and don't forget to vote.