chapter 9

CJ bolted out the door and I could hear him yelling trying to find Jace. I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, my thoughts running every direction. How could I have let myself get so distracted. How could I let myself stay here for so long. Last time he'd found me I had heard him yelling at me as I ran that he would kill me when he got ahold of me. He'd said that I could only run for so long before he caught up to me again and I had promised myself that I wouldn't ever give him the chance to find me again. He most likely already knows where I'm at by now how could I let this happen?
I looked up as I heard someone enter the room at a run and noticed it was Jace,CJ following him at a slower pace.
"What's going on where is he? I'll kill him. I swear to God I'll kill him."
I was stunned at the venum coursing through his every word and I opened my mouth to speak but CJ beat me to it.
"Jace calm down he's not here."
When CJ spoke Jace turned toward him and CJ took a step back from the look on his face.
"Don't you dare protect him Cory. I'll kill you to get to him if I have to."
CJ took several steps back holding his hands out in front of him. " Jace I'm not defending him and I'm not hiding him from you. I swear I would never do that. He's not here or rather not yet anyway. He hasn't shown up but we are pretty sure he will within the next few days. Just calm down." He rushed out all in one breath.
Jace looked around the room before looking at CJ again but he still didn't calm down. I don't know why I did it or what made the thought cross my mind but I slowly stood from the bed and walked over to him. At my movement CJ took a step closer but I shook my head to tell him not to do anything. When I was close enough I took his face in my hands and turned him to face me. When our eyes made contact he stiffened and his hand balled into fists. He clenched his jaw shut and looked at me with so much hate it hurt but I knew it wasn't truely toward me.
"Jace everything is okay. He's not here yet you need to calm down. It wont do you any good to be in this state right now." He pulled away from me and turned to walk away but I stepped in front of him to stop him.
"Jace look at me."
"You need to back off I don't want to hurt you again."
"And you wont just look at me."
He looked at me then and the anger in his eyes scared me but I knew CJ would stop him if he got out of control so I held my ground.
"No Jace look at me. I wont back down from you."
I felt his hand around my throat and he shoved me into the wall. It wasn't as hard as last time but I still felt the slight pain in my back.
I met CJ's eyes and silently told him to stay back and let me deal with it. He was uptight and on edge but he nodded never taking his eyes off of me. When my eyes landed back on Jace I made myself remain calm so that he wouldn't see the fear coursing through me and I spoke softly but loud enough that I knew he heard me.
"Jace listen to me I know that what he did to you was because you helped me and I'm sorry. I didn't ask for any of it to happen and I would take it all back if I could but I can't. If you want to do something about it noone is going to stop you but he's not here. "
"I don't care I will kill him and anyone who trys to stop me including you so don't push me. I could easily snap your neck."
"Jason." CJ finally spoke up for the first time. "Let her..."
"Its fine CJ. I have it under control." I spoke up cutting him off my eyes never leaving Jace's. "Jace look at what you are doing right now. What he did to you was terrible but this is bull shit. Think about it if you kill me right now then yeah you get to let your anger go but you also let him win. You would be doing his dirty work and then he would have no reason to even come here. You would never get the revenge you want."
"And just what do you think I want? Why would I care if he never stepped foot here? Why would I care about killing you right now?"
"Because we all know what you really want Jace. You don't want to kill me you want to kill him, after all he's the one who killed your family and destroyed your life not me. He's the one who ripped you apart and broke you down and we all know that if you kill me then you miss the chance to make him suffer like you did. You need closure but you wont get it by killing me."
At this his grip on me loosened to where he was barely holding me and I took a step closer to him. I was aware that his hand was still on my throat and one wrong move would cause him to harden again but I put my hands on his face and pulled his lips to mine. When I pulled away I whispered to him.
"You will get what you want but right now you need to calm down and get control of yourself. Okay?"
He nodded and I kissed him one last time before I pulled away and walked back over to the bed. My heart was still pounding but I was calm otherwise. I couldn't believe I did that, that I got him to calm down but it worked.
I looked over to CJ and noticed he was smiling at me and I smiled back. Without taking his eyes off of me he started to talk.
"Jace don't ever let her go."
I blushed and looked over at Jace and saw that he had his stupid lopsided grin on his face.
"What do you mean don't ever let me go? We are not even together anyway." I whispered the last part to myself but of course they heard it, damn vampires.
"Well until now I have been the only one able to calm him down and today I couldn't even manage it but you did, and you could have fooled me. Unless you go around kissing everyone who gets pissed off and in that case i'm easy to piss off."
I blushed even more. I swear my face is probably bright red right now.
"No of course I don't go kissing everyone."
"Then you might not be in a relationship with him but you want to."
My face grew hotter and I looked away from CJ. I heard him laugh and then Jace speak up and tell him to leave me alone in a light tone.
"Awe does sombody have a crush on her too."
"Get out CJ. " his tone was still light but you could hear the power behind it. CJ just laughed out loud again and left the room shutting the door behind him.
"Sorry about him. Sometimes he doesn't know how to shut up."
I didn't look up but I felt the bed dip down beside me as he sat down.
"Yeah, no it's fine. I like seeing you smile." I mumbled
"So you do like me." He said it in a joking tone but the truth was I kind of did like him. I just didn't know how much I really liked him or if he even liked me. I sat quietly looking down at the floor until he took my face in his hand and made me look up at him.
"We still have things to talk about and we have to take care of Ian. "
"I know I just don't want to deal with it right now."
"Ok well I'll just leave you alone then."
He stood and turned to walk toward the door and I grabbed his arm to stop him. I don't know why but I didn't want him to leave me alone.
"What?"
"Don't leave. I dont want to be alone. Please."
"Okay are you alright?"
"Yeah I'm fine I just dont want to be alone."
He looked at me suspiciously for what felt like forever. He spoke slowly as he studied me "well if you really don't want to be alone then I can call..."
"No. I don't just not want to be alone. I don't want just anyone here." I said looking down and moving my hand away from him.
"Then what do you want?"
"Nothing. Never mind it's stupid and I shouldn't want it anyway. Just...just forget I said anything." I turned and walked over to the window hating myself for being stupid. I should be worried about Ian and what was going to happen but I wanted to forget everything for a little while. Jace made me want things i've never really wanted before and everytime I'm alone with him I get all these thoughts in my head and I can't make them fo away. I felt his hands on my waist as he turned my body around to face him.
"Hey don't do that. Don't shut down on me. Tell me what you want."
"I want you."
I spoke quietly but I know he heard every word.
"Are you sure thats what you want?"
"Yes. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't. "
He took my face and made me look up at him.
"Elsa you need to make absolutly sure that's what you want because once I start I wont stop. You know what I am in bed. Are you sure thats what you want?"
I thought about what he said for a minute but I was absolutely sure that thats what I wanted. I had never wanted anything this much before. I needed him.
I looked him in the eyes with determination as I spoke slowly, making sure he understood everything I said.
"Yes I'm absolutely sure. I need you, I want you."
He leaned in to kiss me and I moved my hand to cup his face while my other hand tangled in his hair causing him to deepen the kiss.
I groaned against his lips.
"I want you to dominate me. I want you to loose control with me."
"Elsa stop. If I loose control with you I will hurt you. I can't loose control not with you."
I pulled back to look at him and smiled.
"What if I make you loose control..."
"Elsa I'm warning you. Stop."
"No, master."
At my words his eyes darkened and that lopsided grin once again took over his features. I knew he was fighting not to loose control but that was exactly what I wanted him to do. I needed him to dominate me.
"Elsa you know what that does to me."
"I don't have a clue what you are talking about." I said giving him a devilish grin.
He shook his head his eyes never leaving mine.
"Elsa you know better than to lie to me."
"Do I? Maybe you should remind me why I shouldn't lie to you."
I don't know what had gotten into me or why I was being like this. All I knew was I wanted him and this was the only way I knew how to get what I wanted.