Chapter 20: There's No Way

I open the door and notice that the balcony windows are open and Leonidas is standing there. The wind blew out most of the candles as the room now stays in half-darkness and roses are now just scattered in the wrong places. 

He turns just a little bit when I enter and walk into the bathroom. I remove the corset and tie my hair up just taking a short dip into the water to make my back ache less. I walk into the closet through a door and sort through to find the only backless and unfortunately short nightgown that I own. Wearing the necessary undergarment not willing to accidentally flash the man outside during this windy night I put on some warm slippers and moisturizer, I safely placed the dagger in a drawer. I walk out to find him still in the same place. I stand beside him, hands crossed on the railing.

"Beautiful night, isn't it?" He says and I just hmm in response. "Let's get in before I freeze you in that awfully short nightgown." He says turning around and I just follow suit, he looks back in and only then realizes the mess he has left the room in, "I'll call the maid and get this cleaned." He says starting to walk towards the door. "There's no need, let it happen in the morning it's too late. Let's not bother them." I say. "Bother them? You do know that they and numerous others will be lurking in the corridor tonight to hear and unofficially bear witness as to whether we have consummated the wedding or not right?" He says as a matter-of-factly, "I saw it in their eyes as I walked to this room with my bags." He continued. That's when I noticed his suitcase and bag near the door. "You can keep those in the closet," I said as he just took them and walked to the closet, the next I heard the faucet running, he must be freshening up. I walked to the balcony and closed its doors, I changed the heat temperatures of the room to warm it up a little and cleaned the bed and the floor while he was in there. 

I plopped down on the bed and into the blankets as he walked out. He stopped midway not looking sure as to where he should go next. "We can share a bed, either way, we don't want them barging in ritual to end up in the family found us sleeping in two different places," I say patting on the bed beside me. 

"Barging in ritual?" He asks as he clearly comes into view with his dark sweatpants and white cotton shirt. "Yeah after the wedding and the consummation, female family members from both sides barge-in in the following morning and throw open the curtains and the sheets to say that they saw the couple happy in each other arm, preferably and I say this as a must but it's preferably to make it sound less embarrassing, naked," I explain and his eyes grow wide,

"Don't worry," I say "We barely know each other and we aren't going to have sex right away at least when there's no point since you don't share my powers yet you keep my royal powers that are to do things as a decree in control. And even though I just said yet it's a really really really impossible thing to happen because it just doesn't happen." I say and he murmurs something that takes me a while to decipher, 'And we aren't supposed to come back after death. I'll take my chances because I already do.' That's all I could make out, 

"I'm sorry what did you just say?" I ask, I could've simply forced him to speak the truth but I don't trust the limitations of my power right now.

"So what to do we to elope these people keeping an eye on us tonight and in the morning?" He asks

"Let's put on a show," I say smirking

I push off the bed and walk to the door, peeking out a nook I notice the maids making rounds every 5 minutes, they were on their next round now.

"Okay so as soon as we hear their footsteps, lightly bang me against the door and start speaking as if we just kissed," I say

He nods and steps in front of me and we intently listen to patter of light footsteps. Once they are close enough, Leonidas grabs my waist and upper back and slightly rams me into the door which extracts a small shriek from our audience.