Chapter 3: Heat

The dance came to an end and slowly the party came to an end and it was well past midnight as I tugged my way up to the final floor and into my room. I slipped off the dress and entered into a tank top and shorts and laid down on my circular bed in my circular room. My stomach grumbled reminding me I hadn't eaten anything from the party. I got up and started cleaning off my make-up tricking my brain into not thinking about it. Worked for a while but I had to make my way up to the mini-fridge either way. Great, it was empty, so instead, I chugged on water and laid down, and snuggled into my blanket. After half an hour of sleeping my stomach grumbled again. Oh god, I looked over at the clock again. The cooks must've gone by now and by the way everyone ate at the party I knew there wouldn't be any loiterer but I didn't wish to be risked being seen in my pajamas again not after what happened 4 years ago. So I put on my formal pants and a shirt but I kept the buttons open and sleeves rolled up trying to look as casual as possible I tied my hair in a bun and walked in flat cut shoes downstairs. 

I sneaked into the kitchen, opened the huge doors to the freezer, and fished out two tubs of ice cream one cookies and cream and another fig flavored. I walked into the hall from the stairwell into the basement to the Earth dorms. Warmth flicked in the room as the high horizontal windows let in the moonlight into the green-themed common room with brown books and littered with plants and creepers everywhere. 

I walked through the corridors and leaned into that one particular room quietly and what I heard before I saw made me jump. Moaning, I could hear clear moaning. It's not like he was expecting me because I never leave my room apart from school or practice or any event but I did not expect to hear moans. There was a girl in there and she was sounding like she was having the best time of her life. I should've left but something glued me to the place as I looked into the room to the bed in the right to see Adrian's back muscles tensing and relaxing as the sheets shifted. I could feel the heat rise up to my face and I knew if I looked into a mirror now my eyes would be glowing burning red-orange. I could feel my tips of breasts harden under the sound they made and my imagination taking control and putting me in her place. But the numbness that was spreading through my palms by holding the ice cream snapped me back into the moment as I tried to close the door as slowly as I opened it.

Luck wouldn't have it as I left the doorknob the door clicked into place and I prayed with all I had that he didn't hear for I knew the girl wouldn't have been able to hear it. But the moaning stopped and there were muffled sounds. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I walked a little two doors left and stood with my back on the wall, there was no light in the corridor apart from the moonlight peering through its ends and I hoped he wouldn't sense me. The door to his room opened flushing the corridor in front of it in soft yellow light as he scanned it, for a millisecond I thought that his eyes locked in on me but it moved away and the door closed back. I tiptoed my way out and into the stairwell. I placed the two tubs on the windowpane in the stairwell. As I peered out, trying to cool my cheeks and let my breath catch up. I looked down through the shirt material. Yeep definitely turned on. God if someone could hear rge voice in my head they wouldn't even take me half as seriously as they did now.

"You know, plants don't heat up at night they cool down." Echoed Adrian's voice from behind me. I turned around oh shit, "Oh hello there Adrian didn't see you there, at all." I said turning around and finding him in a t-shirt and joggers, "Katherine what are you doing up so late?" He asks with concern, glad we skipped the part where I "didn't" see him "ummmm, Icecream?" I asked/said innocently holding up the very wet reminding me of someone I could see in a mirror, icecream tubs. "Are you sure this is about icecream because you aren't standing in the same wide stance you usually do." He said stepping forward heat gathering in his eyes as they scrutinised the clothes on me as if they were the worst thing on earth. "Yes." I said and walked past him up the stairs, "Come on, let's go to my room and eat this up. Unless you have something to get back to." I said going up a few steps and looking back at him. "Nope, nothing to get back to at least for a day, nothing needs rest after all I did." He said murmuring the last part to himself but the quiet staircase landing caused the words to travel upto me anyways. I turned around starting walking hiding the blush on my cheeks.