Chapter 10: Introducing the other woman

And there she left me dumbfounded, while I was trying to do various tricks into getting her more and more closer she just keeps inching away. But I couldn't just give up after one try. So I go after her as she rocks the baby in her hands.

"At least you had fun." She says to me in Russian. "Oh no, that was no fun. The real fun would be no machine or clothes would interrupt me while I broke your back." I say and she snickers back at me, "Believe me it would be fun for you but I don't think I would come anywhere near my back breaking to very least a single toe curl and god help me if even a moan comes to my lips." She says. Oh god, this woman just keeps me chasing and chasing.

"And please hurry up this facade you know I have my coronation next month." She says while she keeps interacting with the citizens. Yeah, and the wedding the day after. "I'll do the tests all today if you give me your entire day after this parade." I say, "Yeah fine." Is all she replies as I run away from the crown and start making the phone calls.

***

I walk out of the tiring day in the limo and straighten to my full height, the gravels crunching below my heels. "Come on!" Leonardo says following me out of the limo and practically drags me up the staircases. 

"Go in, there is something laid out for you. Wear it and meet me on the terrace."  saying so he rushed down presumably rushed into his dorms. I opened the trap door and saw a simple and short black sundress with sunflowers on it. I wore it and kept my watch on and just changed into some heeled boots. And walked onto the terrace from the door in my own room. And Leonardo greeted me. And he guided me into a small picnic. And there was laid some Oreos and milk. A typical rooftop picnic date at sunset would be wine and bread. 

"I have seen you inhale these during breakfasts and I figured you like them more than when you drink wine at the parties." That is all he says still in his shirt and formal pants just with no tie and blazer. The earlier Katherine would've swooned in someone remembering the smallest detail about her. And I just sat down and quietly dunked a few Oreos as the sun set in around 15 minutes.

"Come on onto next destination." He says dragging me back up again. He was leading me down into the air dorms which were on the top floor as well. And everyone turned to look at us, no me. I subconsciously looked down at what I was wearing, oh god the dress. I don't think all of them ever saw me in a short dress that hugged my body as much as this did. "Can we leave?" I murmured as we beelined our way out of the dorms. 

We went down the spiral of stairs into the stable. I walked towards Lavender and Leonardo towards his steed. Lavender nuzzled into my palm. "Race me." He said already having mounted his horse and starting out as I quickly mounted L and rode out at top speed. 

Going top speed I reached next to Leo, as he screamed, "Until that groove of fig trees." He said as slowly tapped the side of L when she beautifully pranced in front of his steed and he was flabbergasted for a second. And I took lead.

"Hey! That's cheating!" He screamed behind and I smiled as I screamed back at him "All is fair in love and war, Leo!" and won the race.

***

Did she just name this love and war? DID SHE JUST CALL ME LEO? I threw my head back as I smiled and could feel tears brimming my eyes. There was hope, hope for my poor heart in love with the woman, the woman of my dreams, and I didn't realize how scared I was that it wouldn't work out that she would hate me forever and I couldn't bear the thought of her hating me and every cold glance she sent me trembled my heart to its core. 

I dismounted my horse as the tears dried off and she did as well. "So what's next Leo..." She looked at something behind me, "nardo." She added. My brows furrowing I looked back at the blonde-haired woman in a blue skirt and cropped white t-shirt.

I smiled as she came under my arm resting it atop her shoulder. "Katherine there is someone I would like you to meet," I say, enjoying every bit of the confusion in her eyes, "Meet my sister Clarice." Claire steps forward and offers her hand for a shake. And Katherine pushes back her dumbfounded eyes and shakes her hand, "I'm Katherine." She says with a smile, "Yes I know very well, my queen. Leo talks highly of you." She says and I feel a little embarrassment creep to my face. 

"Is it ready?" I ask her and she nods a yes. I ask Katherine to follow me into the school's front yard.