✍️ Five Reasons Why I'm a Brat

Believe it or not, "spankings and attention" aren't  the *only* reasons I'm a brat. Although those are completely valid and real reasons. But I have a few more that may be less obvious to others.

As always, this writing is specific to me and my dynamic, and does not assume anyone else’s experience.

1. I like to fight.

I think this might have evolved from a history of abusive authority figures.

Bratting makes me feel empowered in the moment, and I love to have that power stripped away in the safety of my consenting dynamic.

2. I like to feel like I’m being fought for.

Hi, abandonment issues.

If I put up a fight and he fights back for my submission, that alone is an act of emotional healing for me. And it's hot as fuck to be overpowered. I might fight hard sometimes, but it’s no secret that I want to lose. Every single time. 

3. I get to be myself.

A lot of people I talk with on here have a hard time believing I could ever be bratty. I’m a (recovering) people pleaser and unless I’m comfortable with you, you’ll probably only see that side of me. It's a defense mechanism. And it’s a huge relief for me to let down my walls and be my whole self around my Dom, and to be loved for it.

4. It gives him the satisfaction of “taming.”

Wrex has expressed to me on multiple occasions how he likes to *take* my submission. He craves that moment when whatever punishment he’s giving finally breaks me and the “Make me” turns into “Yes, Sir.” And I crave the feeling of breaking into submission.

UPDATE: The new term to describe the high one gets from beating a brat into submission is BREAKING BRAT.

5. It’s fun. For both of us.

We are both goofy and creative people, and there is an art to rule-breaking. It can be a lot of fun finding creative ways to break them, and on his end it can be a lot of fun coming up with punishments to fit the crime.

Note - we have rules that I'm allowed to brat and rules I'm not allowed to. I will be posting additional writings on this soon.

Bratting isn’t for every dynamic, but it works for us. We both enjoy the play style and the creative/emotional outlet it provides. I’m sure there are a lot more reasons to brat, some that may not apply to me personally.  Feel free to share yours in the comments.

---