After six months

Akshara lay in the balcony chair sipping her tea, savouring the taste. The hustle bustle of the evening rush in the Mumbai streets giving a peaceful background noise.

Her heart for the first time in a long while, felt hopeful. Hope, who knew she would feel it again but here she was smiling without a worry, it took thirteen long years for this smile to make a comeback.

She thought back to the day she was going to Pune, her heart aching with leaving her family once again. Once again sent away like she was receiving a punishment. 

She closed her eyes, breathing in the tea and the evening air around her. She learnt a lot in these six months. She never knew that she would be thankful for her accident.

It was the catalyst for all the changes after all. 

The day she woke from her accident, she was in Mumbai with surprisingly Aaru beside her. She remembered thinking if she was on a different universe. Because everything she remembered before her accident was drastically changed.

She had woken up a week after her accident during which all the truths and her feelings were spilt in the open. Aaru kidnapped her and left a note to their family, not saying where they were going. 

Then it was only Aaru and Akshu in big Mumbai away from the family for once. Away from the expectations and being honest about themselves. 

Once she was stable enough to talk freely, Aaru and her attended therapy sessions religiously. Akshara found out, even though she portrayed a mature exterior for everyone but she was still the weak thirteen year girl who feared losing her mother's love when she found out she was not her biological daughter. 

Aarohi on the other hand, fixating on her mother's second wife status and not the real reason behind her nani's origin became obesessed with herself. She treated Akshu as her competition like she thought Naira was Sirat's. In her mind, it all led back to Sirat and her need to prove herself the best. 

The sisters worked on themselves little by little making their heart grow beyond thirteen. They once again became best friends as it was when they were young. 

But now Akshu did not live for Aaru's love alone and Aaru opened her eyes to her brilliant sister that was in front of her all this time. 

The next person the sister's got in contact with was their Krish Bhaiya, he tracked them in their small apartment. Not listening to his sisters he moved them to his house, which was a good decision in itself since it led to all their cousins and siblings finding them in the three bedroom house located in the hub of Mumbai street without any oldsters. 

For the first time since her mother and father were alive, all her cousins and siblings were in one house. They shared secrets, they shared stories, they shared their regrets, they shared their pain, they shared their anger on their elders, they shared their fears, they shared their love.

 At the end of the day Akshara, Aarohi, Kairav, Krish, Vansh, Vatsal, Amish and Kria knew nothing could separate their special bond. 

AKSHARA