28

a/n: I'm... going to regret this. HEADS UP! DON'T HATE ME OKAY?! 😭

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

When Eld thought that we're far enough from the Female Titan, he ordered us to put a lead on our horses and keep them on the safe side of a tree.

I finished tying a knot and rubbed Luna's neck. Not noticing it was a bit loose.

"Stay here alright? Wish me luck." I whispered and kissed Luna on the forehead.

I used my maneuver gear to get up the branch where the others are and landed next to Eren.

"The horses are secured now, Eld-san." I said and Eld nodded at me.

"Um, we led that Female Titan here to capture it, right? It's to capture the human inside it. That's Commander Erwin's goal all along. That's what it was, right?" Eren suddenly said.

"But new recruits like us aside, why did they not tell the Survey Corps veterans like all of you?" Eren asked.

"Shut it!" Oluo barked at Eren.

"Are you implying that we were not trusted by the Commander and the Lance Corporal?" Petra c̶u̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ stomped her foot down and swung his blade with a pout on her face.

I lowered my head and silently snorted. I covered my face with one hand, trying to hide my blushing face.

"That was too cute please..."

"N-No, but that's what it seems like!" Eren stuttered.

Petra clicked his tongue and Oluo pointed his blade at Eren.

"Petra, yank his teeth out! Swap his front teeth with his molars!" Oluo grumbled.

"Oluo-san's a dentist now. A bad one at that."

"No, it's just like Eren said." Eld suddenly spoke up.

"Huh?"

"I think the Commander had a reason for keeping this from us." Eld said with his arms crossed.

"Like what?" Gunther asked.

"There's only one reason to not trust your comrades. A transforming human... Or perhaps, a spy who's working with such a person is amongst us." Eld said and he looked at me.

"An enemy, a spy, a traitor. Either of those might be why The Commander didn't say a word about it to everyone in the Corps." Eld added.

I flinched a little when Eld looked at me.

"Bro- why- Why are you looking at me like that? DO YOU THINK I'M THE TRAI-"

"A spy... Do you really think that? Just like what (Y/n) said before?" Gunther said

"Yeah. At any rate, that's what the Commander must be suspecting. I dare say only the survivors from five years ago were informed of the plan." Eld said.

"Oh okay, so they don't suspect me... damn."

"I see. So that's what it was." Gunther said.

"There's no doubt about it. Well, Eren? There you have it." Oluo said.

"Yeah, if that's the case, it makes more sense." Petra said and Eren silently agreed.

I decided not to listen for now and pondered how I'll save them.