21

We were in the middle of a field as we discussed the position we'll be at for the expedition.

"We of the special-ops squad will be here, in the center of the rear, on standby." Gunther said and pointed at one of the centers of the last ranks.

"That's quite far back." Eren remarked.

"It's the safest position in this formation. Even more secure than where the supply wagons are. Well, we don't have a real objective this time." Gunther said and he looked at us.

"The expedition won't cover much ground since it's just a test run before getting you two to Shiganshina District."

"Just a test run yet so many people had died because of... The Female Titan."

"Um, I still have no idea what to do with this power yet." Eren said and I glanced at him.

"Did you two understand the meaning of the Commander's question back then?" Gunther asked.

"Did any of you understand?" Eren asked.

I remained quiet as I thought of what Erwin meant.

"No." Eld said and Petra shook her head.

"I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure. That said, I-" Oluo got cut off.

"I think what Er- Commander Erwin is trying to say is that, there might be an enemy among the trained soldiers." I cut Oluo off and looked at them.

They all widened their eyes and remained quiet. I felt uneasy and I rubbed my arm.

"S-Sorry. That was just my thought about what he said earlier..." I said.

"I... that could be what he meant." Eld slowly said and glanced at me.

"Hey, I was-" Oluo got cut off again.

"It is possible. Good job, (Y/n). With that said, this operation may have another objective. However, the Commander decided to keep that hidden from everyone. It might have to do something about what you said, (Y/n)." Gunther said as he rolled the formation paper plan.

"So we should just focus on pulling this off without incident and let's keep what (Y/n) said a secret. Trust the Commander." Gunther said and started to walk away.

"Sir." Eren said and I nodded.

"This concludes today's training. Prepare to head back."

"To think that there might be a traitor..." Eren muttered and looked at me.

"Do you really think that's what the Commander meant?" Eren asked.

I frowned and looked at the grass. "Unfortunately, yeah..." I muttered.

"I see..." Eren muttered and stood up. He offered a hand to me and I grabbed it.

"Let's not think of that for now. I might not be correct, you know?" I said, trying to ease Eren up.

Eren sighed and nodded. "Okay. Let's go." he said and walked away, still holding my hand so I got dragged with him and I let him be.

.
.
.
.
.

We all got back to the former H.Q. and Eren and I cleaned the stable.

After we finished cleaning, we went out to see Mikasa and Armin with the other recruits.

"Everyone!" Eren muttered and I smiled, finally getting to see them.

"Oluo, may we go speak with our friends for a bit?" Eren asked.

"Please!" I quickly added and grabbed Eren by the shoulders to look at him.

"Jeez, just go already." Oluo said and I smiled.