27

I looked around at the destroyed village with a small frown. I let out a sigh and looked forward.

"Oluo-san, can they... Can our comrades beat the Titans?" I heard Eren ask Oluo.

I raised a brow and looked at them.

"Bro, you doubtin' our fwends?"

"Huh? What the hell have you been doing this past month?" Oluo said with irritation.

"Listen, you damn brat. You too, (Y/n). I see you!" Oluo pointed at me.

"During an expedition, the point is to avoid the Titans if possi-" Oluo bit his tongue.

"Pfft-!" I looked away and covered my mouth. I coughed up a laugh and went back to seriousness.

"I'm going to miss that."

We soon left the village and a wide field came to view.

"Assume the long-distance scouting formation!" I heard Erwin ordered and every squad went on their formations.

We formed ours, in the Line 5-Center as standby. I had trouble understanding the formation, but I had it after some observations.

"I swear I'm becoming Deku with all my muttering.."

"Oh shit, am I going to break my bones a lot now?"

"Huh?! Why would you break your bones?!" Eren said with a worried tone in his voice.

"Eh? Did I say that out loud?" I asked and he nodded. His brows are furrowed in worry.

"Ah, forget I said that." I nervously laughed and bit my lips.

"Fucking dammit!"

"Focus." Levi said in a stern voice.

"Apologies, Captain!" I said and silently sighed.

"Annie will show up soon enough... Sorry, I can't save those on the other flanks..."

A few minutes later, a bunch of green smoke signals were fired on our right.

"Green smoke signal. Oluo, you fire it." Levi ordered.

"Roger that." Oluo said and fired a signal.

"This... Krista should have saved Armin, Jean, and Reiner..."

"Reporting in! It's an operation report!" one soldier came closer to Levi to report.

"The right flank's scouts have suffered heavy losses! Scouting ability is crippled! Please relay this report to the left!" he said.

I frowned and looked at the ground, I clenched the rein tighter and clicked my tongue.

"You can't save everyone, keep that in mind... save the people you can save..." I reminded myself but I can't help but to feel bad about the deaths.

"Hear that, Petra? Go!" I heard Levi said and I looked back up again.

"Sir!" Petra said and went to the left side to report.

I glanced at Eren to see his worried expression. He's probably worried about Armin and the others.

"Eren, I'm sure Armin and the others will be okay. They got this." I told him.

Eren nodded at me and a bunch of smoke signals were fired again.

We glanced at it to see black smoke signals.

"Annie..."

"An Abnormal!" Eren reported.

"Eren, you fire it." Levi ordered.