"I don't know if you mixing me with someone else but I never let my emotions get the better of me."

"I will disagree to that." I heard him mutter this but this time I decided to ignore whatever he said. I started off the presentation with information about this week's progress and gave him the progress report. He raised his eyebrows in amazement.

"You really are a great employee." He said. "You know what? Next week, we will be having a party. I would like to request you and your team to join this party." I saw him staring at me with some hidden intention and I had no idea what he was going on about. Party? The project is not even over and he starts to celebrate already. I don't feel like going to his so called party. I was about to reject his invitation when he suddenly turned his attention towards Arjun.

"Hey, so many rumours are going on that you have a girlfriend. Why don't you bring her to the party as well."

His words made me very confused.

"Wait....what?!??!" I looked at Arjun.

"What?" Karan asked back.

"Arjun has a rumoured girlfriend?" I still can't believe it.

"Um...yeah I guess so." Arjun replied in a low voice. Somehow his assertive answer formed a lump in my stomach. Arjun found someone? I thought his family would have known about it had that been the case. It was selfish of me but I wanted to believe otherwise. I looked at him with pleading eyes almost asking him to take back those words of his. Arjun seemed to have understood the words in my gaze but he decided to ignore them. He turned at Karan and gave him a curt smile.

"Don't worry Mr Singhania, I will come there with my girlfriend." His words started to prick my heart more. So this is the reason why he was ignoring me all of a sudden. Suddenly it all made sense and a bitter smile conquered over my face.

"If there isn't anything else, I would like to leave." I said in a low voice and was about to get up when Karan called me out once again.

"Sunaina..." I turned around and Karan was looking at me with a sort of triumphant eyes. "It's a couple entry party so it would be great if you can come with someone." What exactly does he mean? I tried to understand the intent of the words he just spatted. "If you don't get anyone to go with, give me a call after you reach the venue. I will join you as your partner." His words almost made me frown.

"Thank you Mr Singhania but I am not cut for such parties. I don't think I will make it. Please excuse me." Saying this, I left the room immediately. My eyes almost wet with tears. The rest of the day went along without much interaction between me and Arjun. I finished the work but decided to stay back in the office overtime. I didn't want to return home with him. I just can't face him. All this is becoming too much for me to handle. I was working in my desk silently when I heard the guards call me.

"Madam only you are left in the office. It's already very late." His voice clearly signalled me to wrap up my work for the day. I sighed loudly on his words. I processed his words again. Arjun's isn't there waiting for me. He has left already. My heart was paining more.

"This is what I wanted right? That Arjun leaves me and goes home?" I thought to myself. "But then why am I disappointed?" I smiled at the security guard faintly and wrapped up my work giving a final check to everything. I shut down my laptop and put it inside my bag heading outside the office building. Looking at my watch, I realised it was 9 pm. I looked around in the parking lot and found the whole area to be dark already. I am not afraid of darkness or anything but I was kinda getting disappointed. None of the members from Arjun's house gave me a call to ask about my whereabouts. I guess no one cares about me that much eh?