Vows and Trust

Preeti's POV

Ever since that day, Sunaina hasn't spoken a word to me.

"Gullu... please just listen to me once." I remember literally begging to her.

"I don't want to Preeti. You have always been my everything. You never thought I was trustable enough right? You always thought I am a kid right? That's why you didn't reveal it to me? What would have happened if I would have known? And now I learn that you tried to kill him? Preeti? Or I might say Ayu huh." Sunaina was going on and on without letting me speak a single word. "Oops! I am sorry...I didn't know I am talking to Arjun's killer. How could you Preeti? How could you? Arjun is suffering so much in this story. He had to marry off his first love to his own brother. He has to see him everyday. The day he found love again, you shot him? That was all a pretence right? You let the killer go away right? You made the killer escape right?" I was getting hurt at her words. Did she not know me at all?

"Sunaina that killer killed himself!" I tried to reason in.

"Why should I believe you? You are author Ayu, the ultimate god of this story. You are the omnipotent person. Am I stupid to believe that you didn't know anything about all this?"

"I REALLY DID NOT!"

"Wait wait." She wasn't listening to what I was trying to say and continued. "So it was you. You dragged me here right? You made me fall into this mess? How could you do this to me? I am your best friend! PREETI HOW!!!" I couldn't take it any longer because my patience was running thin.

"STOP IT SUNAINA!" I shouted at her attracting all the crowd in front of the hospital gate.

"Are you hearing yourself? Why would I pull you here? Do you even think that's possible for me to do? The story pulled you itself?" I tried to explain it to her no matter how ridiculous it sounded to my ears.

"Yeah! Yeah! You never really told me the truth anyways. Why should I even believe you?"

"Because I am your best friend!"

"No you are not!" The last words of hers hurt me. She repeated her words, this time almost inaudible to me. "You are not my best friend. You not only tried to kill someone I was so closely attached to but you also blamed it on me. Neither you thought me to be worthy enough to know that you are Ayu."

Her words were filled with pain, spite and tears. I wanted to comfort her but I know right now she wasn't willing to talk to me let alone a hug. "You hurt me Preeti. You hurt me a lot." Saying this, she left the hospital garden and ran inside with welled up tears in her eyes. Knowing her, she will probably go in a quiet place and cry and then pretend that everything is ok when inside it will eat her up little by little. But she will go on yet again act like nothing has happened. But when it will come to me, she will be that 5 year kid who just had a fight with her friends over a candy bar. That's just how she is- an adult child.

That was when I last talked to her. It's been a whole week since then. I have tried to meet her several times in the hospital but she just pretends not to know me. I don't even have her phone number that I will text her and WhatsApp was a feature that I didn't add in my story. I was exasperated and was lying hopelessly on the sofa, when my butler Shawarma entered inside with a cup of coffee.

"Here's your coffee ma'am." He gave his usual comforting smile.

"Thanks." I took the cup absentmindedly and had a sip of the coffee. Hmm...really strong and good. My nerves seemed to have calmed down a lot by just one sip. Seeing me ease up a little, he finally spoke once again.

"Milady...I have found out the information that you had asked me about.

"Great! Tell me." I remembered how along with Karan Singhania's personal information, I also asked him to get information about the killer. Shawarma first placed a brown envelope on my table.