𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒

Nico
*Cue song 6*

I woke up in my normal room I stayed in when i was staying in the underworld. It reminded me a lot of our cabin at camp half-blood. Our cabin.
My mind swam. Gods, so much has happened today. Im not sure what to do.
Ephy said she loves me. Gods, i love her too. But i dont think i can forgive her. She almost caused World War III. How can i?

"Nico? Can i come in?"

"Yeah."

Dasak walked in, pity in his eyes. I hate people looking at me like that. I got so many looks like that when Bianca died..—oh no.

"D-did Melinoe kill h-her?" I asked softly.

Dasak sighed. "We're not sure, bro."

I sighed.  "Well, it's probably for the best."

Dasak nodded and hesitated before coming and sitting beside me on my bed. I tensed when i felt him place his hand on mine. "It'll be ok. Ill be here for you."

I looked at him and he was gently rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb. "Stop." I said, quickly getting up from beside him.

Dasak looked at me pained. "Sorry. You gave off the vibe.. i thought you were into other guy's. I understand though. Sorry." He said, getting up to leave.

"Its fine. I am into guys. Its just, You're very attractive...But..." I trailed off. Dasak turned back around.

Dasak nodded understandably. "You love the girl?" He guessed.

I sighed. "Im not sure anymore."

Dasak shifted uncomfortably. "Well, you know how i told you the truth on the train?"

I nodded.

"Well, it was true. All of it."

I felt anger go through me. "It not the time to brag!" I seethed.

Dasak rolled his eyes. "Im saying, that when i told you she was planning on going with her mom to save you, that was true. My mother, being the goddess of witchcraft, was able to eavesdrop on Euphorias dreams."

"Nico, whatever happens, please understand. I did it to save you."

Her words echoed in my head. She did it to save me. She loved me.
My hand went to my mouth as I tried to hold in the sob. "I LEFT HER THERE TO DIE!" I screamed. "SHE NEEDED MY HELP, AND BECAUSE I WAS ANGRY, SHES MOST LIKELY DEAD NOW!"

Dasak looked shocked at my outburst. But then he smiled. Wait, why is he smiling? Then his appearance changed. His skin turned while and black, his eyes disappeared and were replaced with hollow sockets. This wasn't Dasak. It was an illusion.

"Oh, shes not dead. Yet" Melinoe said, smirking. "But you soon will be. But not after i have some fun." She said as she grabbed me. Suddenly i was teleported to her cave.

In the corner, Euphoria was crouched over in a cage. She looked even worse than before. Melinoe must have beat her for helping me. Ephy looked up and met my eyes. Instant regret ran through me. I shouldn't have left her.

"Get down." Melinoe said as she pushed me to the ground.

I should have fought back, but i was to focused on Ephy. We were both going to die now, thanks to me.

Melinoe smirked as she walked over to a table. It looked like a slab that that put bodys on in a morgue. But this one had shackles so you could chain someone to it.

She walked back towards me, but then her direction changed and it was pointed to Euphorias cage. Euphorias eyes went wide. "No! Please, mother! Not again!" She begged as she slid to the back of the cage, an attempt to get out of her mothers grasp. But it wasn't far enough and Melinoe grabbed her by the hair and dragged her to the table.
She chained Ephy to it and rolled a utensil tray like they use in surgery's to the side of the table. She uncovered the cloth that was laid over the tray to reveal knives and other torturing devices.

"Well, son of hades. Either you agree to get me your fathers helm, or she dies."

"Nico, dont do it!" Ephy screamed at me, tears in her eyes. "Just let her kill me!"

I looked at the goddess. "How do i know if i do it, you wont kill her anyway?" I asked.

Melinoe picked up a scalpel and sliced the blade against ephys upper arm. Ephy screamed and started crying even harder. "Stop asking questions, boy. Either you do it, or she dies. Yes or no?"

I took to long to answer and the goddess took Euphorias shirt and raised it slightly and cut into her stomach. Ephy screamed again. I hated hearing her scream. "YES OR NO?!" The goddess screamed at me.

"DONT DO IT NICO! Let her kill me!!"
Ephy screamed at me in between sobs.

Is shook my head. "You wouldn't do it to me." I said. I turned to Melinoe. "Ill do it." I said.

The goddess smiled.