ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Nico
Cue song 3

Honestly, the rest i had on the bus was the best i slept in a while. I didn't want to believe it, but every since Euphoria came in my life, my mood kept getting better. And honestly, I wasn't asleep for ten minutes after i closed my eyes. So before i fell asleep i felt her hands run all in my hair. Gods, did it feel good. I wonder how it would feel under different circumstances. 
No! I cant think like that. No no no! She probably doesn't even like me. Who would? Gods, What has she done to me?

After we got off the bus, and i got my hair situated, we decided we'd better get some food. So after a quick stop at a McDonalds, we got a taxi. Chicago wasn't as crowded as New York, but man, the traffic was not what we needed right now.

The farthest the taxi agreed to take us was Omaha, Nebraska, and that alone would take basically all out money. We would have to walk the rest of the way. Man, what I wouldn't give to shadow travel. But, I couldn't risk my dad hurting her. And he's so pissed, I wouldn't put it behind him.

I know, as a son of hades, and someone who has met Melinoe first hand, I should be disgusted by Euphoria. But i couldn't. There was no way. I could never hate her. And i for sure wasn't disgusted by her. Not at all.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Ephy elbowed me in the side. She sat beside me in the taxi. It was pretty cramped because there was three people in here, so she was up real close to me. It just so happened this other man was heading to Nebraska, so he rode along with us. I didn't trust it.

After I looked at her to see why she elbowed me, she nodded in the direction of the other passenger. He had long, greasy hair and, quit honestly, looked homeless. But maybe he was just into the grunge look or something. Maybe he really likes Kurt Cobain.

The man was staring straight ahead. Almost unnaturally. He seemed stiff. Suddenly his head jerked in our direction, causing Ephy to jump. She grabbed my hand and held it. I think I needed it just as much as she did.

"I know what you are." The man suddenly said to us. The driver looked in his rear view mirror at us and smirked before turning down into an alley. Uh oh.

"Surrender now, young half-bloods, and you will die a quick death and we wont eat you alive." The driver said, turning back to look at me and Ephy. Thats when i saw it.

"You gotta be shiting me." I said, looking at the two men. "Its Freaking Cyclops" Ephys hand hold on mine got tighter. I gave her an encouraging squeeze.

The driver smirked. "Yes, child. I am John and that is my brother Zach."

Euphoria let out a quick suppressed laugh.

Zach, the cyclops that was beside me, jerked his eyes at Euphoria, who now was scooted so far up to the door, she couldn't scoot away from the cyclops anymore. "Whats so funny, demigod?"

Euphorias eyes got a bit wide. "N-nothing i just thought it was funny that you have such common names like John and Zach. But we must be going now!" Euphoria said. She tried to open the door but it was locked.

Thats when the drivers voice changed. "Oh, don't go now, sweetheart!"

Euphoria suddenly got more pale then usual
. Realization came on her face. "D-dad?"

The cyclops, john, smirked. "Yes, my Daughter. Its me!"

Then, something happened. Its liked she snapped. Euphorias eyes turned black and she screamed and pulled her knife. Before I could blink, john the cyclops had a knife in his neck.

Zach never got a chance to react, before i pulled my sword and cut his head off.

Euphoria was stabbing the cyclops over and over and was crying. "You won't hurt me no more!!" She screamed at it, Almost like she thought it was her real dad.

I placed my hand on her shoulder and she slowly stopped stabbing the cyclops and just cried. I held her for a moment before she pulled away and wiped her eyes. "Come on. We gotta go" she said as she took her elbow and busted the window and climbed out. I followed her. I noticed now that her eyes were back to normal. That was weird.

Then we started walking. We walked in the direction we reckon was the right one for about 10 miles that day. Not stopping. But it was dark now, and the road we were on was secluded and surrounded by woods. We found a spot to camp for the night. It was close to the road, but in the woods so we wouldn't be as easily spotted.

We couldn't risk building a fire so we huddled beside each other to keep warm. We cuddled together With Her being the little spoon. I breathed in her fragrance. I just now realized that she smelled of peppermints. I loved holding her like this. After a while she fell asleep and I kissed the back of her head and I followed her to sleep.

AN: i know this chapter sucks. Im tired but i really wanted to write it. And its 1 am lol. And im not in the best mindset right now so im basically using this to keep my mind off things soo. Anyway.