ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Nico

It took 5 days and a lot of hitchhiking, but we made it to Nebraska. Since we never got a chance to pay the Cyclops taxi service before Ephy killed him, we still had out money. So we were gonna catch a train that was running all the way to Los Vegas! Well, technically, the train ticket we bought was only going to Utah, but we found out we could stowaway on some train in Utah that was going to Vegas.
We wasn't able to board our train until the morning, though.

So me and Ephy found the cheapest Motel we could afford and we were walking to our room.

"Gods, i hope it isn't gross." Euphoria said, making a face as we approached room 221.

Over the past weeks, i have honestly come to care for this girl so much. It was at the point that i was scared at any moment she would be taken from me or something. so I hated being apart from her, just incase she was taken.  I haven't had nightmares since she came into my life. I haven't self harmed, and ive generally been in a better mood. She made me a better person.

I laughed at her comment. "Well don't expect it to be perfectly sanitized." I said as i took the key and opened the door.

"Oh gods. The guy at the counter said this room had two beds" Ephy said, taking in the room.

In the room there was only a queen size bed, a small nightstand with a lamp on it, and a small table with a microwave. The door to what i guess is the bathroom, was to the left.

"Well, ill just take the floor." I said going into the room and sitting my bag on the small table.

She followed me and closed the door behind her. "No, its ok. We can just share the bed." She said as i saw a little blush rise up on her cheeks. It was adorable.

"Thats fine!" I replied. I didn't mind sharing. "But im gonna take a shower. unless you wanna go first?"

She shook her head. "You can go first."  She said as she pulled a sandwich we bought at a deli out of her bag. "Ill just eat my dinner."

I smiled. "Im glad to see you eating." I said quickly before going into the bathroom and closing the door.

After my shower I realized I forgot to bring clothes in here with me. I quickly opened the bathroom door and peaked out. Euphoria wasn't in the room, she must have went to the front desk or something. Was i worried she went by herself? Yeah, definitely. But i know for a fact, she knows how to take care of herself.

I wrapped my towel around my waist and walked out of the bathroom.

Euphoria

I realized there wasn't any mini fridge in this room, so i went to the front desk real quick to get a bottle of water.

I walked back to the room and opened the door to reveal Nico. But not a fully clothed nico. Nope. Of course he was naked. I let out a shriek and quickly closed the door. My face suddenly felt really hot.

Oh gods, the picture won't leave my mind. But just take my word for it....he's honestly really toned for someone so skinny.  And i saw his scars. But they didn't bother me or disgust me. It meant he was a survivor, not a freak.

"You can come in now." Nico called through the closed door. There was clear amusement in his voice.

Reluctantly, I opened the door. He had pants on now, which is much more appropriate. But he still was shirtless. "Gods, im sorry. I should've knocked." I said, trying not to make eye contact. Well, actually i was trying not to look at him at all.

Nico laughed. "Its ok. Honestly."

I nodded as I kept my back to him. Suddenly, i felt my breathing pick up. Gods, not another anxiety attack.

I felt nico get closer and put his arms around my waist. My breathing slowed. I finally looked at him and he had a worried look. "Are you ok?" His wet hair was plastered to his forehead and it was quite attractive. Then i got another thought of him naked and started to hyperventilate again.

I turned and wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest. He was shirtless, but I didn't care. He kept his arms firmly around my waist as he stroked my lower back with his thumb. I felt my breathing slow again. "Thank you." I said as i lifted my head to look at him.

He smiled softly. "Ill always be here, Euphoria." He said as his eyes flickered to my lips and then back to my eyes. Oh gods.

I smiled back at him and I realized his eyes kept going to my lips and thats when i got uncomfortable. I pulled away from his embrace and scratched my head awkwardly. "Im uh gonna go take my shower." I said as i collected a change of clothes and practically ran into the bathroom.

After I closed the door, I propped my back against it. I face palmed myself. You idiot! Why didn't you kiss him?! I thought. After mentally scolding myself, i took my shower. Man, it felt good to take one. Its been almost a week.

After my shower i put my pajamas on and left the bathroom. Nico was already laid down in the bed. Thankfully, he had a shirt on now. I laid down beside him. My back was turned to him. Gods, he's probably mad at me now. Im not sure what id do if he hated me.

I tensed when i felt arms snake around my waist and a body touching my back. I smiled softly. Nico kissed the back of my head. "Goodnight, love." He whispered in my ear.

I smiled. "Goodnight." I said as I drifted off to sleep.

My dreamscape was once again invaded by my mother. I stood in her cave, well my consciences stood in her cave. My physical form was still in Nico's arms.

Mother stood with her arms crossed in front of me. If she had eyes, i knew they'd be filled with disappointment and anger. "Have you chosen what you are to do?" She asked me. Her voice was flat and emotionless. It was so cold, it made the air around me feel like the tundra.

"I wont help you!" I said firmly. I tried my best to keep my voice from wavering.

She laughed. It was a cold, bitter laugh. "Oh dear child. This is your destiny! You were created for this purpose!" She said. Her face lost all amusemen. "You will not go against me! If you do, that boy will die. I will rip his limbs off one by one. And then, i will make sure his ghost haunts you forever."

I choked out a sob but then I regained my posture. I couldn't cry. Not now. "You will not touch him!" I said through gritted teeth.

I think id she had eyes, she would have rolled them. "Dont be foolish! You think you can stop me? Whats to say i dont kill him right now? While he has you in his arms." She said.

I thought for a moment. I couldn't let her hurt him. I know that. If he died, it would be all my fault. He cant die. I made my decision.

I looked my mother straight in her hollow eye sockets. "Ill do as you say. Just tell me what to do."