Coda & Surprise

Karina's POV

I woke up to find Spencer was gone, I went to the kitchen and saw a note saying,

'Good morning my Dove, I got called to work for a case. I'll see you in a few days, I love you and have a great weekend- Spencer'

I was upset that He was gone, but I had time to set up the basket for him. I quickly got dressed and drove to the nearest arts & crafts store and bought the supplies, then went to the corner store and bought two pregnancy tests, and Elena wanted me to go to the hospital to check on the baby.

After the check-up, I went to get the best dad shirt and went back home to put everything together.

I got home, grabbed a bag of pretzels and a jar of peanut butter, and ate that while I fixed up the basket. I got a call from Spencer and answered.

"Hey, Karina"

"Hey, what going on"

"Nothing, I was just trying to make sure you were okay"

"Well, I am, are you, you sound a bit stressed"

"Its this case"

"What's about the case is making you stressed"

"The case is a double kidnapping of a kid's parents. He was there when it happened, but he's autistic, and it's hard to communicate with him."

"Spence, that sounds bad"

"I know, but I think I could build a connection with him and understand what he means to say."

"That sounds good, Spencer, have you figured out anything about the little boy"

"He's always drawing these patterns, like an L, and some boxes shaped in a pattern"

"huh, that's something"

"and he doesn't respond to touch very well"

"oh, you're gonna have to find another way to communicate, I remember reading something that some parents of autistic children let them focus on things like music."

"There was a piano in the house and it had his prints and his father's blood on it."

"Wait, his father's blood"

"Yeah, when he got to school, he had blood on his face and clothes."

"Poor thing he's most likely traumatized"

"Yeah, but I'll try to play the piano with him."

"Okay, well I think it's time for you to head to bed, huh"

"Yeah, I just wanted to check on you, I'll call you tomorrow"

"Okay, I love you"

"I love you too, bye good night"

"Good night"

I looked at the time and it read 6:58 P.M. I looked at the basket and I was almost done with it, but I decided to continue tomorrow, so I went to put up the bag of pretzels and peanut butter and ordered Chinese food to eat. After eating, I took a shower, when I got out I looked at my belly and I noticed it was bigger. I couldn't stop smiling knowing that I'm growing life in me. I got dressed and went to sleep.

When I woke up I was feeling nauseated, I ran to the restroom and threw up, my phone started to ring. I walked to it and saw it was Derek calling, which made me worry, I answered it.

"Hello"

"Hey, little Kay, what are you up to"

"I just woke up, how's the case going"