Graduation

Derek POV

Today is May 25, 2005 and I was on my way to work to announce to the team with good, no amazing news. Karina is graduating from Yale with her master's degree in health care and bachelor's degree in psychology. I was so proud to say that my niece graduated from an Ivy League School.

When I got to work I had the biggest smile on my face and everyone could tell I was happy about something. I asked everyone to go to the round table.

" Alright, so I have some amazing news to share."

" What is it?" Hotch said

" Today, Karina's GRADUATING at 3:30 in New Haven and I was wondering if y'all would go?"

Everyone one said yes with a big smile on their faces. Hotch then stood up and said,

"Okay so we need to get our paperwork done before we leave"

We all went to our desks and started working . It was around 4 hours til the graduation, Hotch told us all to start packing up and we'll be leaving in 20 minutes.

20 minutes later

Everyone was on the jet to Connecticut. All of us were talking about seeing Karina walk across the stage in her cap and gown.

After about 3 and a half hours later we landed and drove to the school. We got to the school and the team and I sat next to Karina's family.

As the Dean called out Karina's name, we all stood and cheered for her. Afterwards, we waited outside for Karina to stop taking pictures with her friends, and gave her hugs and flowers.

We decided to go and celebrate at a restaurant and eat. We gave her some presents and more flowers, and we ordered a cake for her too.

Every time I look at Karina I would think back to when she was a little girl just starting high school, and now I see a beautiful, intelligent, athletic, and the toughest woman that I've taken care of for the past two years. And I'm proud to say that she is my niece.

End of Chapter

--

Author's note

I'm sorry if this chapter is short and kinda choppy, I was in a rush to end this chapter, but I hope you like my story so far, I tried my best.