L.D.S.K.

Karina's POV

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and coffee. I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen to find my shirtless, crazy bedhead of a boyfriend, Spencer. He was so focused on breakfast that he didn't notice that I was up and staring at him with a cheeky smile on my face. After a while, I slowly walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, he slightly jumped and turned to see me. He quickly kissed me on my forehead before he placed the pan and spatula down, after he grabbed me by my waist, picked me up, placed me on the counter, and attacked me with kisses. He told me to sit at the table, so he could finish making breakfast.

A few minutes later, he walked out of the kitchen with a plate in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, setting it down in front of me, and walking back to the kitchen to get his food and coffee. We ate and talked for a while before Spencer's phone went off.

"Karina, can you go get my phone while I clean these dishes?"

"Yeah"

"Thank you "

I grabbed his phone off the bedside table, and saw that it was from JJ saying,

JJ

"We got a new case, and this time we're gonna need Karina"

I walked back saying,

"Spencer, It was JJ, there's a new case, and I'm going with you too."

"Wait, what, why?"

"I don't know it just says that in the text"

I showed him the phone and we ran to the room, got dressed, and ran out the door with our go-bags.

The drive to the BAU was quiet, mainly because we wanted to know why I was involved, but also because Spencer had failed his gun test yesterday and he didn't want Derek to make fun of him about it. I called Derek, so I could get some intel about why they want me in this case, and to tell him to not say anything about Spencer and his test.

"Hey Derek, why am I involved with this case"

"I don't know why, but all I know is that Hotch wanted you to be on the case too."

"Okay, he'll probably explain it later, but we're almost there."

"Okay, I'll see you both there"

"And Derek don't you dare talk about the exam"

"I'll try no too"

I hung up and Spencer gave me a confused look, still trying to figure out why I'm needed.

We got to the office and waited at the round table with the rest of the team. Derek came in and put a whistle around Spencer's neck and said,

"You can try again later, but for now just blow on this for help"

I looked at Derek riddled with anger, while Spencer ripped the whistle from his neck. Hotch came in and handed out files of the case.

"This unsub shot three people in the abdomen, while all of the victims were at the park. All were of different ages, gender, and racial demographics, the bullet that was pulled out of one of the victims, was specifically registered to a military gun."

"So our unsub is a sniper", Elle said

"We don't call them that, they called L.D.S.K.s", Spencer said

"What does that mean?", Elle

"Long distant serial killers", Gideon said

After a few more minutes of going over the case, we got on the plane and left. We arrived at the police station and the team separated Gideon, Elle, and JJ went to the hospital, Derek and Hotch went to the crime scene, and Spencer and I stayed at the police station and figured out a geographic profile.