Fisher King

Spring Break 2006

Spencer's POV

Karina and I were talking on the phone and she asked me,

"Hey Spence, I was wondering if we could go to Las Vegas for spring break and I could meet you mother."

"Oh, um Yeah, I just gotta ask Hotch about taking some time off, but yeah we can go, and I can't wait for you to meet her. "

"Yeah, I can't wait. I'm gonna start packing right now"

"Okay, angel, I'll talk to you later, and I'll book the tickets"

"Okay, bye my genius, i love you"

"I love you too"

Afterwards, I booked two plane tickets, and I called Hotch about the trip.

"Hey Hotch"

"Wassup"

"Are we gonna have a three day break this week?"

"Yeah, why"

"Okay, It's just because Karina wanted to go meet my mom for Spring Break."

"Oh yeah, Don't forget to go to work tomorrow, it's the last day before vacation."

"Okay, Hotch, see you tomorrow"

I was thinking about calling my mom, but it was too late to call her. I also felt bad for not talking to her for a while. So, instead I took a shower and went to bed.

----

I woke up to my alarm and got ready for work. I went to work and Karina was there and ran towards me, gave me a hug and kissed me, and she asked me if she could spend the night at my apartment, obviously I said yes.

After hours of work, everyone was leaving and I left with Karina to my place. We got home and Karina went straight to my room and started packing my bags. I'd never seen anyone pack clothes into a bag so fast and neat. I pulled her from packing and she had the biggest smile I have ever seen.

"I can tell that you're excited"

"Yes, I'm gonna meet the person who raised a perfect man, my perfect man."

"Yeah, you are"

"What's wrong, you don't seem happy about it."

"No, I am, its just I haven't seen her in a long time because of work and I don't"

"You don't know how she'll feel about see you after a year, and with you 17 year old girlfriend"

"Yeah"

"Spence, she'll be happy to see you"

"How do you know that"

"Because, you're her only child, she'll never be upset with you"

"You really think that"

"Yeah, I may not be an only child, but I do know that parents can't be upset with their children for long."

"Your right"

"Yeah, I know I am, now I gonna get back to packing you bags"

"Karina"

"What do you want to do?"

"No, I'll let you do it, I'll go make us some dinner, what do you want to eat."

"Umm, surprise me."

"Okay"

Went to the kitchen and started cooking Spicy Vodka Pasta, but without the vodka because I don't really like alcohol and Karina can't drink yet. Karina came out of the room, walked towards me, and wrapped her arms around my waist. She looked over my shoulder, I turned around, and pulled her away from the kitchen. I didn't want her to see what I was making, even though she had been asking me to make it for the past two months. So, I told her to sit down and wait for me to bring out the food. Few minutes later I walked her out of the kitchen and set down both plates and got the drinks as well. I could tell that she was happy with the pasta, her eyes lit up with every bite she took.