Friendship Never Ends

Start from the beginning

She was all alone in the room since she was the first one their. Little Sophia was not very good at making friends, much like current Sophia. Anyway, little excited students started screaming and smiling through the door, and Sophia was panicking. She was so scared that she couldn't even say anything when the teacher asked them to introduce themselves, she was just their shaking in utter fear. It took her classmates days before they knew what her name was.

The day any anti social child feared the most finally dawned upon them as the teacher told everyone to pick a partner for a project or something. Sophia was so scared because she didn't want to be the black sheep of the crowd. She dreaded becoming the odd one among them.

Shock filled her when a hand tapped her shoulders and boldly asked if they could be partners. Her big eyes looked up and saw the first person that bothered acknowledging her presence: Jessica Dale.

As they did their project together, they got to know each other better, and they have been inseparable through out elementary and middle school. The day both of them feared was when the other would be sick and not be able to go to school.

Both of them were like two peas in a pod. They both had crazy frizzy hair that was always in a ponytail. Both of them wore incredibly huge and dorky glasses. Their teeth were blocked by insane braces that took over their whole mouth. Acne was a huge problem too.

Basically, they were the same.

Then the day came when Jessica befriended a bad crowd. At 14, she was going to raves and drinking hard. At 15, she was wearing tops that were practically bras and sorts that were almost non existent due to the shortness of the length of it. At 16, she lost her virginity to some random guy and dint even mind. And throughout this whole downfall, Sophia noticed that Jessica changed and started bullying her more and more.

At first, it was the typical friendship teasing, which they never did, so Sophia got a little bit worried. It got to the point where Jessica decided that she was too cool for some dork like Sophia.

She got contacts and threw away the dorky glasses. Her skin cleared up, and she started wearing more makeup then recommended for her age. She got some incredible curves that every girl would kill for. She had her parents splurge on some fancy yet expensive hair care product, and she has been crowned the queen of high school after she betrayed her previous clique when she decided that they were too ugly for her.

Harsh, right?

"I don't know, Sophie." Sophia's ears perked up when she heard her nickname; a nickname which she hasn't heard for years. "Everything just got to me. I got influenced, and all I could think of was the power that came with climbing that social ladder until you reach the top." She trailed her fingers up, and her eyes followed.

"Birdie."

When that name was mentioned, Jessica looked over to Sophia who was giving out a small smile. 'Birdie' was Jessica's nickname through the duration of their friendship in reference to the Jay Bird. All that was running through her mind was on how through the time they have spent apart and through the hell she put Sophia in, she still managed to say that name with a smile.

Jessica started thinking over some things, and after a while, she turned the chair so that her whole body was pointing towards the clinic bench.

"Gosh, Sophia. I'm really sorry for what I have put you through. Looking back, I don't even know why I did that. I was so caught up in the popularity that I forgot my past: I was an absolute dork who only had one friend she truly cared about, and I intend on going back and stepping down my throne to get back the only person that ever mattered: my friend." Jessica smiled.

It wasn't that creepy smile she gave off when one of her pranks worked or that smirk she had on her face when she was obviously trying to laugh at the worst joke over. It wasn't even the sassy smile she had when she took the selfies on instagram that got her thousands of likes. 

It was a smile coming from the Jessica that loved and valued her friendship with Sophia dearly.

Sophia soon had a huge smile on her face, which eventually lead to Jessica having a huge smile on her face, and they soon sprung their legs up and went to hug each other; a warm hug that came from the old Jessica, who was officially back.

The door soon opened.

"Wow, this is awkward." Someone said. Both girls broke the hug and saw that Mason and Blake were gawking at the scene that was unfolding before them. All the while, only their heads were through  the door and actually in the clinic.

Jessica and Sophia started laughing, and it was a true testimony on how precious friendship actually is.

Right, remember when I sad that this was gonna be the last chapter? Yeah, I miscalculated everything. This is the second to the last capter which holds a valuable meaning to all of us which is the fact that true friends will cross again and find eachother someday. (ew. sensitivity)

btw, I literally googled nicknames for Jessica that wasn't Jess or Jessie.

ps: ain't the title so spice girls (duh) i was scrolling up after writing a good-ish chapeter and was going to pound my brain for a good title, but then my brain wanted to live another day, so it started singing 'wannabe' that line specifiacally and i though why the fuck not?

Radiate peace and love, y'all. ☺