attention

Leo's now a month old and let me tell ya, he does not like to be left alone. He always has to be attached to either you or Helena otherwise there chaos. You both haven't got bearly any sleep as he dosent sleep through the night easily and Sofia sometimes complains about him crying or not getting any attention.

It's 2am in the morning and hellies breastfeeding Leo. After she's done you tell her to go asleep while you take Leo and she gets in bed. You kiss her softly and then go downstairs. He's not sleeping so your hoping when your away from Helena, because of the breast milk, he might fall asleep.

You sit on the Sofa with him laying on your chest. He puts his head down on your chest and you literally praying he falls asleep. But no. Your not that lucky. he starts crying again and you put his dummy back in but he spits it back out. You smell his nappy to see if that's why he's crying.

You lay him down on his changing mat and start changing. "Oh you've left mummy a little surprise haven't you baby?" You say and change his nappy. He starts giggling so you put him on his baby play mat and he stops crying. He's not asleep, but he's not crying.

You let him play for half an hour or so and it's now 3am. Your literally about to fall asleep. Your just greatful that you took Leo downstairs so Helena can get some sleep. He starts getting sleepy and you pick him up and lay on the sofa, he lays on your chest and drifts off to sleep.

The next morning hellie comes downstairs with Sofia on her hip. It's 8am. "Morning" you say still holding onto Leo. "Hey darling" she says and kisses your forehead. "Morning baby" you say to Sofia. "Morning mummy!" She says and she sits at the dining table. "Has Leo had his milk? It's his time now, did he have it at 5?" Hellie says and you nod. "Does it look like I've been to sleep" you laugh and hellie pouts.

"Mummy I'm hungry" Sofia calls from the dining table. "one minute Sofia" hellie says back. "He needs a feed now, do you want to breast feed or shall I make him a bottle?" You ask. "Ill breastfeed, can you make breakfast?" Hellie asks and you nod.
V

You hand Leo to her carefully and she sits down with him. You and Sofia make pancakes together. "Mummy I want to flip it!" Sofia says and you hand her the pan and tell her to be careful. She flips it but it lands on the floor. "Sorry mummy" she says and pouts.

"It's okay baby, mummy can have that one" you laugh. "Hey I heard that!" Hellie calls from the living room. "Oops" you say and you and Sofia laugh. You hand Sofia her pancakes and then you hand hellie hers.

"I can't eat it I got Leo, your gonna have to feed me" hellie says. "Hah no" you say and hellie opens her mouth signalling for you to feed her the pancakes. You sigh and cut it up and feed her. "this is what a real relationship looks like" you say and hellie laughs.

She finishes her pancakes and you put the plates in the dishwasher. Hellie burps Leo and wipes his mouth. "oh look at you, you little cutie" hellie says in a baby voice and holds him up. "am I a cutie mummy" Sofia says. "of course! I have two cute kids" hellie says and you laugh.

"What about me?" You say and Sofia laughs. "I have two cute kids and one cute wife" hellie says and you all laugh.

"Sofia, early night tonight, you got school tomorrow" you say while your ironing some clothes. "I don't wanna go to bed earlyyyy" she moans. "You have to otherwise you will be tired tomorrow" you say and she sighs. "God it's like having a teenager already" hellie says and you both laugh. "Stop she's growing so fast!" You say.

"Mummys you never play with me anymore!!" Sofia says a few hours later. "Yes we do baby, it's just that babies require alot of attention" Helena says and Sofia pouts. "but I want to play with you!" Sofia says raising her voice and Leo starts to stir in your arms. "Sofia, stop shouting your going to wake your brother up" you say and she stomps off to her room.

Leo starts to cry and you pick him up and put him on your shoulder and you pat his back shushing him back to sleep. Once he goes back to sleep you go upstairs and put him in his cot. You see Helena coming into the room looking sad.

You sit her down on the bed and she snuggles up to you. "what's wrong my love?" You ask and she sighs and looks up to you. "I tried to talk to Sofia...but she just ignored me" hellie said and lays her head down on your shoulder. "we can go talk to her together okay? I think she's just a bit overwhelmed with a new baby and everything, don't worry sweetheart" you say playing with her hair, massaging her scalp.

"Yeah okay, I don't want her to feel like we don't give her attention though, I try my best but a 5 year old and a one month old baby isn't easy" she says and you nod. "I know it isn't darling, but we will make it work, like we've made every other thing work..you try your absolute best everyday and your the best mother anybody could ask for" you tell her.

"I love you" she says and kisses your lips. "I love you too baby, let's go talk to her yeah?" You ask and she nods.

You kiss her again before getting up and walking over to Sofia's room. "Soph" you say and she ignores you. "Sofia" you say a bit louder and she still ignores you. "Sofia Bonham carter, what have me and mummy told you about ignoring us? Don't be silly talk to us like a big girl" you say and Sofia sits on her bed and cuddles up with her teddy looking at you and Helena.

"Okay, tell us what's up darling?" Hellie says and you both kneel on the floor to get to her height. "When my baby brother was born you never play with me anymore and he gets all the attention!" She mumbles into the teddy's head and fiddles with her jumper. "im sorry Sofia, but babies do need alot and alot of attention, and we haven't forgot about you! Your our little super star!" Hellie says and rubs her arm.

"Yeah but I only have my teddy to play with and he don't really do much, I want my mummy's!" Sofia says and lays her head on the toy. "Okay I tell you what..me, you and mummy can have a girls day yeah? And we can do whatever you want" hellie says and Sofia nods shyly.

"Even pway?" She says and you both nod. "Of course!" You say and she giggles. "yayy" she gets up from the bed and wraps her arms around you and hellie pulling you into one big group hug.