lockdown life + hospital trip

The light shining through the gap in the curtains shone through to yours and hellies room causing you to wake up. You smile as you feel a familiar pair of arms wrapped around your waist. You feel a kiss being placed on the back of your neck. "Morning darling" you whisper and  you turn around to face her. "Morning my love" she whispers back and kisses you lovingly.

"We need to get up" hellie says and you groan. "Come on love, we have a newborn to take care of" she reminds you which makes you groan even more. "up or no kisses for the day" hellie says getting out of bed and going over to Luna's cot in the bedroom. You immediately get up which makes hellie giggle.

She picks the crying Luna out of her cot and hands her other to you. "You breastfeed I'm going to make breakfast" hellie says and you take Luna in your arms. "It's 5am no one else is awake" you say. "My mum gets up early, and Luna's probably woken her up anyway, so feed this little rascal" hellie says and you laugh and you go downstairs. You sit on the sofa in the living room and start to breastfeed Luna.

Elena comes downstairs and you quickly cover your breast incase she's uncomfortable with it. "No darling you carry on, your baby needs to be fed I don't mind at all it's all natural" Elena says and you smile at her.

You continue to feed Luna. When she's done you sit her on your knee gently and burp her. She does this adorable little burp and then throws up a little bit. "good girl" you say in a baby voice and clean her mouth up.

"She's really cute" Elena tells you. "she is" hellie replys walking into the living room. "I've made breakfast" she announces. "How's the little one?" Hellie asks leaning over the back of the sofa.

"She's fine, needs her nappy changing though, stinky" you say and hellie laughs. "I'll do it, go eat your breakfast" hellie says and takes Luna out of your arms and into her own. You give her a smile and you start eating with Elena. "So how's it going with a 9 year old, a 5 year old and a newborn?" Elena asks and you laugh slightly. "Well it's a challenge I'll tell you that, but Helena makes it alot easier. She's just so good with them and she knows when I need a break. She's just amazing" you say and Elena smiles and nods.

"You've been together for quite a while haven't you?" She says and you nod. "We've been together for 14 years and we've been married for 6 years, 7 next week" you say and she smiles again. "Wow..what are you going to do for your anniversary?" She asks and cleans her plate. "Well there's not much we can do...we will have dinner, some wine" you say and Elena nods.

"That sounds nice" she says and you nod. You hear Luna start crying and your about to go help but Sofia and Leo come downstairs. "Morning darlings, come have breakfast" you say and they give you a hug and then give Elena a hug. You make them breakfast and out it down Infront of them. You cut Leo's toast in half so he can pick it up better.

Luna's still screaming. "Y/n!" Hellie shouts over Luna's crying. You go upstairs and you go into the bedroom. "She won't stop crying I've tried everything I don't know what to do" hellie looks like she was about to cry. You take Luna in your arms carefully.

You rock her gently and shush her and Luna calms down and falls asleep in your arms. "I can't even look after my own baby" hellie says and you put Luna down in the cot before you go up and hug hellie. "Hellie don't say that, she loves you, look how well you raised Sofia and Leo" you say and she nods. "don't get upset" you say and you kiss her lovingly. She kisses you back and puts her hands on your waist.

You out your arms around her neck and kiss her again. "I love you" you say and peck her lips again. "I love you too" she says and kisses you once more before leaning her head on your chest.

You and hellie both get ready for the day as it's only 10am. "You look amazing" you tell hellie and she smiles at you. You kiss her and she chuckles "you really can't get over my lips can you?" She says and you kiss her again which makes you laugh more. "They're just amazing" you say and she kisses you before going downstairs.

"Got her to sleep?" Elena says when you and hellie come down. "Yes, shes asleep now" you say and Elena smiles. "I'm going to get dressed" she says before leaving the room.

"I still feel a bit Ill" you say and hellie frowns. "Take a nap" she suggests and you nod. "Wake me up when Luna needs feeding" you say and hellie nods. "Alright love" she says and kisses you before you go upstairs and into the bedroom.

You lay on the bed and start falling asleep. Your soon woken up from hellie shaking you. "What?" You groan and you feel something wet under you.

"Y/n were going to the hospital, your bleeding really heavy" she says and you sit up. You go to stand up but you fall to your knees. Hellie helps you up and sirs you back down.

You can see the panic in hellies eyes as she calls her mum upstairs. "what's wrong?" Elena says as she walks in but then she notices you. "Oh god, okay I'll stay with the kids, you two go to the hospital" she says and helps you in the car. "Luna has a bottle ready for when she wakes up" hellie tells her mum and she nods.

Hellie starts driving to the hospital with tears in her eyes. "What are you feeling?" Hellie asks you. "It just feels like major cramps" you say and sigh. "Were nearly there" she says and you arrive at the hospital.

Hellie gets you out and you meet the midwife and a nurse. They take you to a hospital room and hellie holds your hand while they sit you on a bed. "Do you mind if we take a look?" The nurse says and you nod. They lift your dress up and take your underwear off. "Were going to give you a fresh pair" they say and throw your ones away.

"Were just going to have a look, and you gave birth a week ago am I right?" The midwife says and you nod again. "Okay, just relax for me" the midwife says and you squeeze hellies hand tighter. She rubs your knuckles with the pad of her thumb to calm you.

"Helena can you tell us what happened?" The nurse says and writes stuff down. "She was taking a nap as she said she felt quite ill, so when I went to check up on her I saw loads of blood on the bed and she soaked through her pad and she just changed it 30 minutes before. She has also suffered from quite severe headaches" hellie says and the nurse nods.

"Your body's getting used to not carrying another human inside..the headaches will continue but we can give you medicine to take for your first period" the nurse says and you nod.

"You can leave once we've checked there's nothing more wrong, take the tablets 2 times a day one in the morning one at night" the midwife says and you agree and nod.