Chapter 22

"I was confused when Jennie called and tell me to drive you home. So what happened, Chu? Wait... Did you cry? Why did you sleep at Jennie's house? And you look so happy? Did you get laid? " Lisa asked as soon as she sits in the driver's seat.

"Just drive," Jisoo replied after putting her seatbelt

"Yah! Are you keeping secrets to your best friend now?" Lisa pouted

"Just drive. I'll tell you." Jisoo let out a sigh

"Oh okay" she grinned

Jisoo just chuckled and shook her head.

After Lisa started to drive, the car filled with silence, and then Lisa decided to speak.

"So..."

"Jennie is my girlfriend now" Jisoo blurted out and smiled without looking at Lisa

"Really?! Oh my God, congrats!" Lisa took a quick glance at Jisoo and grinned

"And I'm getting married to Haein."

Suddenly Lisa hit the break.

"What the hell Lisa?!"

Lisa looked at her best friend who is glaring at her. "You what?! And who the fuck is Haein?"

Jisoo let out a heavy sigh. "It was arranged marriage. I need to marry him after I graduate."

"Wait... I'm so confused. You just said that Jennie is your girlfriend and now you're telling me that you will get married after you graduate? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"I'm serious, Lisa."

"But....how about Jennie? She's your girlfriend. Does she know about this?"

"Yes. She called me last night after I left the company and I felt that I needed her so she went to pick me up and she took me to their house and I told her everything"

"How did she react?"

"Well...she got mad at first and left me inside her room but Rosé said that she's mad about the situation and not to me. She came back and we talked about it and then she said that she will not leave me and we will find ways to stop the arranged marriage and then after that....she asked me to be her girlfriend. That's all."

Lisa just stared at Jisoo with her mouth slightly open.

Jisoo frowned. "What? I already told you, can you drive now?"

Lisa blinked. "Wow. Your love life is so complicated, Chu. But I admire Jennie for being brave and willing to fight for you. She really loves you."

Jisoo smiled. "I really love her too"

Lisa chuckled "Damn, you're so in love. But how about that Haein?"

"Jennie suggested that I should just go with the flow for now and made my Dad believe that I already agree with the marriage."

"Well, good luck. I wish you all the best. Everything will be okay. I know one day you and Jennie can love each other freely"

"I hope so, Lisa."

After that, Lisa started to drive again heading to Jisoo's house.

--------------

Jisoo just got home and went straight to her room. She still doesn't know that she has a visitor that's waiting in the living room.

She plopped herself on her bed and starts dialing Jennie's number.

"Jendeukie I miss you," Jisoo said as soon as Jennie answered the call.