Love XXVIII

I sat on the edge of my bed staring at the wall in front of me. Blank expression on my face. This can't be happening. I just can't. 

The boys and Liz went out to eat tonight. I decided to stay home. They asked if I was okay, so I lied and said I was fine. I feel like I'm going through my mother's death all over again.

I heard the front door open and close. Five voices erupted with laughter. I sat still watching the plain wall as if it could tell me something. The laughter died down and they walked into my room.

"You haven't moved since we left. What's wrong?" Michael asked.

"I'm fine." I said softly.

"You're lying. Tell me what happened." Liz said.

Tears began to fall. "My brother was murdered."

The room fell silent. Luke sat next to me and pulled me into a hug. I cried into his chest.

"This morning I got a call from the police station and they told me what happened. They said he was beaten and shot." I sniffed. Luke's grip on me tightened.

"To add on top of all that, today's the anniversary of my mother's death." I said.

Luke put his head on top of mine. "Don't cry. Shh. They're in a better place."

I sniffed and wipped my tears. I looked up at Luke and then put y head back on his chest. I shut my eyes and sang softly to myself.

"Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are." I sang to myself.

"I could fly a thousand oceans

But there's nothing that compares to

What we had, and so I walk alone

I wish I didn't have to be gone

Maybe you've already moved on

But the truth is I don't want to know." Luke sang softly in my ear.

I looked up at him. "Wherever You Are is my favorite song."

"Really?" He asked. I nodded. "I'll remeber that."

"What's your favorite song? By you guys." I asked.

"Probably Beside You." He said.

Dear Luke // Luke Hemmingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें