Chapter 63

I DON'T OWN PICTURE

Loki showered as quickly as he can and is soon back to bedroom. Chara is devouring the book he gave to her. She hasn't even notice that her hair is all over the place. She snap out of it when Loki start to brush her hair. She glance at clock and then at Loki. "You were fast." She say and continue to read. She hear Loki chuckle. "Is it that good?" "Yes actually. I haven't find this book anywhere from Earth. As you should know it tell about planets convergence." She explain quickly. He kiss her head. "Truth to be told, I have only glance that book." He admit. Chara glance at him with gentle smile. "Good thing you didn't throw this away." "It clearly is." Loki chuckle and he let her read in peace while taking care of her hair. Loki braid her hair same as yesterday and sit down next to her. Chara quickly move to lean on his side. He gladly take her under his arm and kiss her head before opening his own book. 

They read in peace for about two hours before Kiba rise his head and turn to look at door. It catch Chara's attention and she lower her book on coffee table. "What is it?" She ask. Kiba stand up and soon someone rush to their door. "WINTER? BROTHER? GREAT NEWS! OPEN THE DOOR!" Thor bang the door. Loki groan. "Stupid oaf." He mumble and lower his book on coffee table too. Chara chuckle and rush to door before Thor break it down. She barely get out of his way when he rush inside. Loki glare at him and teleport next to Chara protectively. "What you want?" He growl angrily. "Loki." Chara scold him before turning to look at beaming Thor. "What good news?" She ask. "Father and mother are holding a ball to celebrate the convergence AND it is in three weeks away. Loki! You can come home!" Thor beam and pat his shoulder exited. 

Chara start to smile too. "Loki, you can go home!" She say exited and turn to look at him. He has his mask on again. Chara frown. Thor didn't notice. "This is wonderful. We go couple days before ball." Thor rant on. Chara gently lead him out of room. "Thank you Thor. This is truly marvelous." She smile to him and close the door. She walk to Loki worried. "What is wrong? Aren't you happy, you can go home and see your mother?" Chara ask softly. Loki grit his teeth and move to slump down to sit on foot of bed, leaning his elbows on his knees. "I don't go home." He answer quietly. She get even more confused and crouch front of him. "What do you mean?" She ask while grabbing his hands. "Don't you want to go?" Loki sigh. "I don't know." He whisper.

Chara move to kneel between his knees and gently cup his face. "Don't know?" She ask worried. Loki move his eyes to meet hers. "Asgard isn't my home, not anymore." He admit. She tilt her head confuse. "Where is your home then?" He stare at her with so many emotions swimming in his eyes. "You." He whisper. "You're my home." He tell her. Chara stare at him shocked for a moment. Then gentle smile spread to her lips. "I love you too Loki." She answer and caress his cheeks. "You should still go to Asgard, at least to meet your mother." She tell him gently. "I don't want to go, not without you." He whisper and lay his hand top of hers in his cheek. Chara think for a second. "Let's see what I can do for that." She answer with a mischievous smirk and stand up. 

Chara see that Loki stare at her confuse and curious. Chara make her cellphone appear on her hand and press couple buttons. She lean on couch while waiting for someone to pick up. "Winter?" Nick Fury greet her warily. "Hi Fury. I like to collect one of favors you owe me." She answer sweetly. Fury groan. "What do you want?" He ask annoyed. "I want you to make a deal with Odin that I can go to Asgard as Loki's guard or something like that." "WHAT?!" "You heard me correctly. He wanted Loki in here so at least he should agree that someone from here go there too." Chara answer with smirk. Fury sigh. "When he is going back?" She snort. "Like you didn't know already. In three weeks. There is some ball in Asgard." She explain. Fury sigh again. "I see what I can do." He answer grumpily. "If you fail in this, you owe me two favors." Chara threaten and end the call. 

Chara smile widely to Loki. "Fury can make it happen, trust me." Chara assure him. He still look skeptical. Chara walk to him. "Come on. We can't do anything about it until he call back so we can as well continue our books." Chara tell him gently and reach her hand out. Loki sigh. "You're right." He admit and let her help him up. She hold his hand until they sit down. Chara snuggle closer to Loki and grab her book. Soon she is fully lost inside it. Loki's adoring smile didn't still escape from her.

After couple hours Chara finish her book. She make snacks and tea kettle to appear on coffee table. She give Loki his tea cup and sandwich. She can sense that he is nervous and on edge. They eat in silence. Chara try to start some conservation but Loki answer to her with couple words. She sigh giving up. "Loki, everything will turn out fine." "How could you know?" He snap back. "Because I will come with you, with or without invitation." She answer serious and cross her arms. Loki stare at her in awe. "You-" Chara's phone cut him off. He glance at her nervous. 

Chara smile to Loki before answering the phone. "Well?" "It wasn't easy but he agreed. You can go as his guard. As long as you don't wear any SHIELD's clothes or compromise Asgardian safety." Fury tell her. Wide smile spread to her face. "I knew you can do it Nick!" "Don't call me that." He snarl back. "Seriously thank you." Chara thank him sincerely. "You're welcome." He grunt back and end the call. Chara turn at Loki. "You better teach me some court dances because I'm coming with you." She beam to him. 

Loki stare at her shocked for a moment. Then widest, happiest smile spread to his face. He leap to catch her in his arms and swirl her around in air while laughing. "You're coming with me." He laugh and pull her in deep kiss. Chara grab his hair and pull him toward herself too. Kiba yip around them exited too. They eventually break apart panting. Pure joy spark in their eyes. "I'm coming with you to Asgard." Chara repeat with smile.