Chapter 6

Chara has fallen asleep while reading, she wake up when Kiba gently push her cheek with his nose. Chara groan and grab the book from her face. She peek at whining Kiba. She turn to look at clock. "You can't be hungry already... It is only 3pm." She groan. Kiba look at her pleadingly. She groan again. "Fine, fine. I go make something for myself and Loki first." She finally say and rise up. She teleport herself to kitchen, leaving Kiba to her room. 

She appear next to Peter. He jump and let out scared voice. "Oh, hi miss Winter." he say after he got himself back together. Chara nod to him. She grab some ingredients from fridge and start to cook some meat stew. Peter continue to eat his sandwich and stare at her. Chara feel his stare and sigh. She put rest of ingredients in pot, put it in oven and turn to look at Peter. "Okay Spideyboy, what you want to ask?" She groan, lean on table and cross her arms. He quickly swallow last bite. "Mr Stark told that you helped them during alien invasion two years ago." Chara nod. "Why you are hostile against us now? How your magic work? Can you show me something?" He blurt out, getting more exited at the end. Chara thought he is adorable, like little puppy. "First you ask why I am hostile and then ask could I show some magic?" She tease and rise her eyebrow.

Peter blush. "Well I.. You.." He try. Chara chuckle. "I only answer to their behavior. I don't have anything against them. And yes. I can show you something while my food cook." She answer, Peter almost jump in excitement. "Come on Spidey. Let's go outside." Chara chuckle and walk to front yard, Peter closely behind. When they got outside, and have some distance between them and compound, Chara stop and turn toward Peter. Peter look at her exited and big smile on his face. She first made big snowflake from ice, then she turn it to a dagger, then a sword and then a spear. She made target out of ice and throw it right through it. She disappear them both. 

"Wow..." Peter whisper. Chara smirk. She make miniature Statue of Liberty appear in her hand, she turn it as Eiffel Tower and that to howling wolf. She give it to Peter who admire it in awe. "This is amazing. What else can you do?" He ask even more exited. Chara chuckle. "I can made whole compound and New York City drown in snow if I want. I could freeze you on spot to the core that even one little hit would make you break into million pieces. I can freeze Niagara falls completely with ease." Chara say. Peter stare at her mouth open. "What the hell are you doing out here with her?" Tony's angry yell scare Peter and he drop the wolf, it broke on ground. He rapidly turn toward stomping Tony. "I-I" He try. "I show him some magic Stark, no need to get so worked up." Chara cut in and put her hand to Peter's shoulder. 

Tony pull Peter out of Chara's grasp. Chara smirk to him darkly. "Two years ago you thanked me from my help and now? You seem to hate me Stark." Chara say and shake her head faking disappointed. Tony growl to her. "That is exactly why I know how dangerous you can be." He answer darkly. Peter peek little scared behind Tony. Chara shrug. "As you wish." She answer and walk past them to inside. She hear Peter starting to defend her to Tony but ignore them. Chara go straight to kitchen, ignoring others curious and worried stares. She grab her stew out of oven and look at it. "Perfect." She whisper to herself. She protect her hands with her magic and start to head back upstairs. Clint look confuse between her hands and steaming pot. "Aren't your hands burning?" He blurt out. Chara smile dangerously sweet to him. "Did you already forget what my top magic ability is?" She smirk. Clint grunt something to answer. Chara smile more widely to him before turning back toward stairs. 

After Chara disappeared from others sight she teleport to hall between her's and Loki's room. She move pot to her left hand and knock on Loki's door. "Go away Thor!" Angry yell answer. "It is me Loki. I promise to wake you at lunch/dinner." Chara yell. Soon Loki open his door and peek to her. He look warily at her. "You were serious?" He ask suspicious. Chara roll her eyes. "You need to eat. I can see that you have lost some weight in your cell." She answer. Loki glare at her. "Not your business." He growl and try to slam his door shut. Chara put her leg front of door, stopping him. "It is my business, I am your guard right now. I won't force you to eat, but I would like that you join me. You are welcome to come to eat with me in my room." She say and pull her leg back. Loki look her up and down again. "It is up to you." Chara say lastly and turn around to go to her room. She left door open. 

Chara use her magic to set plates, utensils, glasses and waterjug on coffee table before putting pot on it. Kiba jog to her. He push Chara on tight and lick her hand. Chara chuckle and pet his head. "Yes, yes. I didn't forget you." She say gently to him and with wave of her hand Kiba's bowl full of meat from morning appear on floor next to his water bowl. Kiba rush to it and start happily to eat. Chara smile softly at wolf and sit down on couch. She pour some of stew to plate when she sense that someone step inside her barrier. She rise her head and see Loki standing there. Chara reach plate in her hand without a word toward Loki. He push the door shut and move to sit other end of couch. He grab plate from Chara's hand and start to eat. Chara pour herself a plate too. 

They eat in silence. When Chara see that Loki hesitate to take second portion she pour herself one and reach scoop toward him. Loki nod and she pour stew to his plate. When they ate, Chara make teapot and cups appear in place of their dishes in table. She pour herself a cup, sip on it and sigh in pleasure. She move for more comfortable position in couch and close her eyes. Kiba has moved next to her legs to lay on floor. "Why you are so nice to me? Don't you scare me?" Loki whisper after a while. Chara open her eyes and look at Loki. He has hunched posture, leaning his elbows on his knees and stare at his hands. "Why should I?" Chara ask with truthfully voice. Loki move his face rapidly toward her. Chara has stayed in her comfortable position and she sip her tea calmly, waiting for a answer. "I try to take over earth. I killed people. I try to kill Thor!" Loki almost yell to her and wave his arm, trying to make a point.

"I know. I was there." Chara answer and move to cross her legs front of her on couch, facing Loki. Loki look even more angry. "You should fear me, you should blame me. I'm a monster!" He snap and throw teapot against wall breaking it, spreading tea over the wall and floor. Kiba rise his head and growl at Loki. Chara put her hand top of Kiba's head, calming him down. "Why you say you are a monster?" Chara ask and tilt her head curiously. Loki stiffen. "Because I am." He answer and storm out of her room, slamming his room's door behind him. Chara look after him even more curious and little worried. "Is this Odin's doing or someone else's?" She murmur to herself before she clean up after Loki. 

Loki refuse to open his door for rest of the day and Chara didn't push him. She knew where he is and that would be enough for now.